Borderline? And if a scam, they're getting better at it!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

La Vache wrote:There are a lot of gites available in April/May for well under £300 per week, NC! I think it is a bit misleading to say that ch d'hotes would be cheaper than a gite, at that time of year.
I think it would be, on the whole, for one person?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Normandy Cow wrote:
La Vache wrote:There are a lot of gites available in April/May for well under £300 per week, NC! I think it is a bit misleading to say that ch d'hotes would be cheaper than a gite, at that time of year.
I think it would be, on the whole, for one person?
No, because in most ch d'hôtes you pay per room, not per person. It is also different having a whole house to yourself, rather than just a room. In ch d'h you have to add on the cost of breakfast, lunch and dinner and that could cost at least another 30€ minimum per day. I know which I'd prefer, especially if I wanted some peace and quiet on my own :) .
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Fair nuffski LV!

I suppose I should have said "And it would still be cheaper than staying in my gite".

I have stayed there on my own a couple of times when I have been out there to oversee workmen etc and it is definitely too big for one person. Somewhere a bit smaller and cosier would be better... (and cheaper!!!! :wink: )

Anyway, I haven't heard back from her...
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hope you do get a thank you NC or she'll be letting the side down!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Maybe you'll develop a taste for them Chianti - the straw ones are best

G G

It's too late, the fur is flying, I ate the mink one, as it was to hand. Didn't go down well.

Paul

Barolo, you do have fine taste, but a bad memory, you owe me a bottle from the other scam post, and barolo will do nicely thanks, just in time for Christmas. :lol:

Chianti