Sky TV in Spain

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thank you for the sat info Maria, Our return to Corsica in March/April in 2009 is going to be via the Balearics, then onto Sardinia and onto Corse...............well thats the plan today :roll:
Cheers
PC
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Back to the original question it seems I only need a 80cm dish :P

This link gives you dish size in your area

http://www.smartsat.tv/en/dishsizes.html
Cheers
PC
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Paul the type of LNB you have is also a factor...so if you have problems with a dodgy signal later in the evenings buying a more powerful one would help.

good luck!

Are you in Barca yet? (I can point you in the direction of some fab restaurants!)

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Yep we are in town.........all recommendations appreciated! We found a few in Palma for your guide if you haven't all ready gone to press:

Aramis, c/Montenegro 1 - excellent modern Mediterranean cooking, at very reasonable prices for the quality. Very nice interior with stone vaulted ceilings.

Bar Mollet, c/Contramoll Mollet 2 - unassuming workers café with nautical decor. Good simple tasty home cooking, only a menu del dia with three or so choices per course. €11 per head for 3 courses, bread, water and wine! Lunchtimes only, closed weekends.

We really had a good time in Palma. The Tapas bar you mentioned is still alive and well, we went to it's sister restaurant round the corner, it's the same menu but a little less fraught and you can eat outside.
Cheers
PC
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Have a great time Paul :wink: Hope the weathers still nice for you.

Dont laugh :D but we took a satellite dish and receiver with us :shock: ..... and yes Hubby got loads of Programmes and a good signal.
[Peter very kindly gave us a great link about satellite info which was great]thanksxx
twubble was they we mostly in Hindi or German etc :D
apart from a few channels.......
Where we are in Spain you need a massive dish to pick up the English progs..but we thought we'd give it a whirl............
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

it's the same menu but a little less fraught
thanks Paul - they sound great I'll include them. Yes 'fraught' is definitely the word for that place!!

OK - here's my suggestions:

La Rita: Carrer d'Arago (nr the metro station called Passeig de Gracia). This was SO cheap when we last went there but great food. You'll probably see a queue outside (why restaurants in Barca don't accept reservations I'll never know!?) but if there's only 2 of you push past as people are usually queueing for tables of 4+
They also have a place opposite (can't remember the name) - again VERY popular with the locals...but only open at lunch.

Crema Canela: off Plaza Real (to the left through a small opening). Great Asian food (thai influenced) and again great prices. It's a wee place tho' so a bit cramped.

A great bar for decor, history, live music and atmosphere is Els Quatre Gats (4 cats) on C/Montseo.

Enjoy!

Envious Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thanks Mouse,

Crema Canela, We have been to twice now, first time (about 3 yrs ago) out of this world - second time (1 yr ago) we thought it must be under new managment as it was pretty lousy.

So far our favourite restaurant, which we have been to on each visit, & both lunch & eve, is l'Academia, C/Lledo 1, we recommended it to some others we met last week who are on boats and they said it was the best meal they had had for years! And not at all expensive.

We'll try your other suggestions too and if you like will keep you posted on our findings!

PS Ros, it's pissing down.
Cheers
PC
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

PS Ros, it's pissing down.
Ah well thats another reason for taking a satellite dish all the way to Spain :wink: ..................................

It makes a great Brolly...... :D

Hope the weather picks up PCxx.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Gracias Ros! It's a bloody expensive brolly though!

Are you back in Yarmouth parts by the way?
Cheers
PC
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Are you back in Yarmouth parts by the way?
Oi you leave my parts out of this :shock: :D

I is!!!
thats why the weathers changed i reckon :) It was lovely when we left on Monday......
back to Spain soon though :wink: ...........

Anyhows you havent asked how i got the dish in my suitcase!!.......answer.....with difficulty..