I think this is a new slant on an old theme

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Topcat

I think this is a new slant on an old theme

Post by Topcat »

Dear friend,

Greetings to you in the name of our heavenly God. This mail might come to you as a surprise and the temptation to ignore it as unserious could come into your mind; but please, consider it a divine wish and accept it with a deep sense of humility.

My name is Mr.Jose Martinez. I am British living in Dubai (United Arab Emirate). I was a merchant and owned two businesses in Dubai. I was also married with two children. My wife and two children died in a car
accident six years ago.

Before this happened my business and concern for making money was all I lived for. I never really cared about other values in life. But since the loss of my family, I have found a new desire to assist helpless families. I have been helping orphans in orphanage/ motherless homes. I have donated some money to orphans in Sudan, South Africa, Cameroon, Brazil, Spain, Austria, Germany and some Asian countries. Before I became ill, I kept $4.5 Million US
Dollars in a long-term deposit account in a finance company in Europe .

Presently, I'm in a hospital where I have been undergoing treatment for oesophageal cancer.I have since lost my ability to talk and my doctors have told me that I have only a few months to live. It is my last wish to see this money distributed to charity organizations. Because relatives and friends have plundered so much of my wealth since my illness, I cannot live with the agony of entrusting this huge responsibility to any of them. Please, I beg you in the name of God to help me collect the deposit and the interest accrued from the company and distributes it amongst charity organizations.

Use your judgement to distribute the money and feel free to reimburse yourself when you have the money for any cost you incur during the process of collecting and distributing the money to charity organizations. I'm willing to offer you a reward If you are willing to help; please reply as soon as you can. May the good Lord bless you and your family.

You are to contact me via this email address: jm_jose103@yahoo.ie

Please reply me urgently.

Regards,
Mr.Jose Martinez.
jm_jose103@yahoo.ie

Poor man, he really is in a bad way. And he can't talk, so it's no good phoning him!

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Stu

Post by Stu »

I'm always amazed that these arseholes think that anyone with even a pinhead of grey matter between their ears will go for this crap. Why do they even waste their time?

It actually makes me quite angry when we start receiving them in rapid succession.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Youre right Stu[of course] :)
But the reason they bother, is that they must get a payoff somewhere along the line.
For not much effort.

Though not from the canny LMHatters :wink:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

they must get a payoff somewhere along the line
In the classifieds of Private Eye, there are dozens of adverts along the lines of 'I'm deeply in the s***. Please send money to the bank accounts details below'. Most are bogus, I'm sure. A few are obvious spoofs and maybe there are genuine ones as well. How could you ever know? With thousands of charities rattling the tin for your spare cash, these guys must be way, way down the pecking order for giving.

But, as BS says, somebody must cough up from time to time for all these scams or it wouldn't be worthwhile. I'd love to know.

Jim

PS: As a child, I used to go with my mother collecting door to door for the Red Cross. Some people were really rude and abusive to us, even suggesting that my mother might steal the money from the tin.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Didnt someone[was it PC] ??
post about this, and how much was being raked in.. :roll:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stu wrote:I'm always amazed that these arseholes think that anyone with even a pinhead of grey matter between their ears will go for this crap. Why do they even waste their time?
I think the real problem is that are arseholes without even a pinhead of grey matter between their ears who do go for this crap.

Alan
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Who :?:

I simply can't imagine someone that ignorant, but having said that, I used to get annoyed when I saw people giving money to the gypsies in London. They always had a dog or well-dressed child with them and were rarely, if ever, lame.

It's a shame that the press don't investigate one of these too.

Chianti
Stu

Post by Stu »

I can't remember who it was, but it was shown on TV a few years ago while we were still in the UK. Someone (a reporter), arranged a meeting in a café somewhere with two Nigerians and filmed this scam in operation. I can't remember any more than that, but at the time thought it was interesting.

Oh, and while we're on the subject. I believe that the biggest 'scammers' are the UK banks, who think nothing of preying on the young, weak, aged or slightly dim by enticing them into hefty loans at ridiculous APR's in the name of 'profit'.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Stu,

I suppose in a way you are right. The young, weak, aged or slightly dim are enticed into hefty loans at ridiculous APR's in the name of “profit�.

On the other hand the young, weak, aged or slightly dim take on hefty loans at ridiculous APR's because they think they will automatically make a “profit�.

They are all very like the arseholes without even a pinhead of grey matter between their ears who do go for the scamming crap.

Alan