JC and his big mouth!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Paul Carmel

JC and his big mouth!

Post by Paul Carmel »

Cheers
PC
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I saw that article in the paper PC, and thought that someone would pick up on it!!!
:oops: He did admit to being a twit though which is quite refreshing!!!
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

I must admit I had been thinking similar thoughts to Clarkson about the whole thing. Generally speaking, you can only pay INTO an account with the sort code and account number, but I hadn't thought about direct debits.

As it happens, the Direct Debit Guarantee scheme covers this anyway:

The direct debit guarantee applies to all banks and building societies taking part in the direct debit scheme. It says that
* If there is a change in the amount to be paid or the payment date, the person receiving the payment (the originator) must notify the customer in advance.
* If the originator or the bank/building society makes an error, the customer is guaranteed a full and immediate refund of the amount paid.
* Customers can cancel a direct debit at any time by writing to their bank or building society.

In Clarkson's case fraud was involved, so I'm sure he will a refund anyway.

Has anyone seen the petition on the Number 10 Downing Street web site? So far 37,335 people have signed up to make Jeremy Clarkson Prime Minister!