My last guests nicked the towels!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

no one has ever complained about paying my (rather high actually) security deposit - I've very upfront abut it...I say it's a requirement on every listing site...so I guess if it's a problem for them, they don't enquire ;-) (funny-there's a thread about it on the vacation rentals yahoo group right now...I think many people are taking a credit card number now instead of a deposit and having guests sign that they will be charged if there is any damage)anyway...about the towle...no way that's a packing mistake (!) however...I think maybe if you let the guests save face, they will be embassed and more helpful ;-) so give them an "out" and be nice and say it must have been an oversight and would they prefer to post them back to youo or reimbuirse you for replacements...one would THINK they be ashamed anyway :-)
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

NEWS:

I've now heard back from the phatom towel nicking guests. It seams the softly softly approach was right, especially as they seam to be innocent.

I still need my manager to check it out but it sounds like they simply left them in the cupboards. They also left some in the washing machine ready to wash. I'll have this confirmed tomorrow.

Not great from my manager I have to admit. In his defence, it's only his 3rd week renting he's dealt with and up to now he's done a superb job!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

He may have given you a lot of worry for nothing though.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kersh,
It did seem odd :roll: ....Im glad it looks like it is sorted,softly softly is always best initially... :wink:
Anno

Post by Anno »

Glad things seem to be sorting themselves out... but in response to "no way can this be a packing mistake" I have to tell you that we once brought a PILLOW back - a big fat square French pillow - without realising it. It was all mixed up in the kids' sleeping bags (big group gite weekend, not very restful, you don't want to know) and would never have got put in the car if I and not my husband had been packing. I can quite imagine him stuffing any towels he came across in our bags if I hadn't thought to warn him specifically, he would never recognise them as ours or not ours... At least we brought the right children back.
In our case I phoned the gite and sent the pillow back the next morning, they preferred that to sending money as they didn't have time to go out and buy another one.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

We stayed a few days in a hotel when we were searching for a property called 'Le Bastard'. When we got home, I found a towel with the hotel name on it had innocently strayed into the suitcase. It was embarrassing as I'm sure they get more than their fair share of towels going missing, and this wasn't deliberate on our part!

I called them and said I'd post it back but the woman said not to worry - so I thanked her nicely and we still have the towel as a souvy of our house-hunting days! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

Anno, that's impressive. :D

Likewise, i'd rather have our towels back to be honest. I've not heard form my manager yet but I hope he can find them in the apartment. I also hope he hasn't bought replacements yet!
Kersh

Post by Kersh »

2 towels found, still 3 missing. I thin i'm just going to bite the bullet and buy some more.