Anyone know Paul Sarah?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ann

Anyone know Paul Sarah?

Post by Ann »

I received what seemed to be a genuine enquiry. Only trouble was that it was a Monday to Wed (the following week) booking.

I wrote back and explained that I would have to charge for a fortnight even he would only be here for 10 days. I asked him to reply if he was still interested.

This is his reply:

Hello,
Thanks alot for your reply,am so thankful that your place available for our period of stay and i hope we would be able to enjoy our honeymoon there,and also learn new culture as well,i feel so excited about this and am taking a two month holiday from my work

I manage a small multimedia Marketing and Advertisement company,in London,I do have a busy work schedule and because of the nature of my job i do also tend to Travel,My wife is a freelance Archeologist and Historian with the National Museum in London.Our honeymoon is being sponsored by friends and well wishers,as they have asked us to make a selection of a place for our honeymoon,I and my wife have agreed to have the honeymoon at your place ,

I have discussed this with my wife and we have agreed to the cost and the date ( 5th April till April 20th ). Kindly pen the date down for us,so therefore the Advance payment for the rent would be made via Bank cheque,which should take just about 2 or 3 days to clear at your bank into your account depending on your bank and your relation with them,please if this is okay with you provide us with the details for the cheque such as name to issue the cheque and the address where the cheque would be posted to,so we could have it sent to you as soon as possible

Please i would also like to know the nearest airport to the apartment,do you offer pick up service from the airport?is there anything we might be needing for our honeymoon/vacation,i would also love to learn about the intresting places we could visit while we are there,but at the moment i hope you would agree with the payment terms as i would very much love to also learn about you as my new friend.

Thanks and God bless,

Paul
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Better than average, I will give you that, but even if it is legit he sounds a bit creepy.............I wouldn't want to bet the family jewels on it but I reckon it's a scam.
Cheers
PC
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Paul, if you think that one's legit, you must be losing your marbles.

I'll throw in a bonus streak around Houndsditch tomorrow night in addition to my scheduled appearance with the Chippendales at All Bar One if it is.....

God Bless

MG
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

In a word: SCAM !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Normandy Cow

Re: Anyone know Paul Sarah?

Post by Normandy Cow »

Ann wrote: I manage a small multimedia Marketing and Advertisement company,in London,
Doesn't sound like someone who manages such a company (and by the way what is an "Advertisement company"?????
Ann wrote: i would very much love to also learn about you as my new friend.

Thanks and God bless,
yeurrrrgghhh! Give us a break!!!!
paolo

Post by paolo »

i would very much love to also learn about you as my new friend,for instance when were you born,what job do you do,which bank name and account number you do favour and what is your passport number?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Wol

Post by Wol »

There's no such place as the National Museum in London.
Wol
Not the Wizard of Aus - that's MOH

http://daysontheclaise.blogspot.com/
A-two

Re: Anyone know Paul Sarah?

Post by A-two »

Our honeymoon is being sponsored by friends and well wishers,
Sponsored honeymoons by well wishers? Wouldn't that need to be a gift from family and friends (very good ones at that) to be convincing?
,I and my wife have agreed to have the honeymoon at your place
If it's a honeymoon, he isn't married yet (OK, I know some people marry first, honeymoon later, but it's still another red flag to add to a rather large pile.)
Please i would also like to know the nearest airport

Don't people find out how to get there before they decide to book?
Ann

Post by Ann »

Thanks for all your responses - keeps us sane, doesn't it?