ebay.fr - Annonce classique

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mountain Goat

ebay.fr - Annonce classique

Post by Mountain Goat »

We've discussed using eBay for listing our properties, but is ebay.fr's Annonce classique something different? For example:

Les Arcs

and

Serre Chevalier

They appear to be plain and simple ads, and I can't find this option on ebay.co.uk or ebay.com. On ebay.fr, searching for location brings up around 200 similar.

Anyone know about it? We've got a sticking Winter week which we'd like to dump.

MG
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

MG,

They are plain and simple ads (no bidding).

Is there something else you want to know?
(Life, the universe...) :?

RR
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thanks, Rab, sort of realised that. I was more interested in whether the simple ad was available on other flavours of eBay, as I can't find them, and I think it would be really useful.

MG

(Life, universe - now you're talking - are those Prada shades? 8) très chic, je pense...)
pete

Post by pete »

we use ebay, not the classified section, just the regular listing for 10 days. It is the one place that puts me up the rows when I google, lots of calls and enquiries but no firm bookings. Our ad is very general, I have not tried specific dates

pete
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Pete,

Is that eBay UK?

MG
pete

Post by pete »

yes, if you search from france it comes under the first ads as international sellers,

I use the regular listing because thats where i have looked in the past for holidays, I have not tried the clasified, be nice to know how you get on if you do use it,

pete
brenda

Post by brenda »

We advertise on ebay.co.uk - have one on at the moment.

Put a normal BUY IT NOW 10 day ad under the Tickets and Travel section - subdivision Accommodation.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I'm getting there, slowly, thanks.

So apart from the cost of advertising, what's the difference between using Buy it Now and a Classified Ad?

I'm thinking more in terms of search engine visibility and how punters would look for a holiday rental.

MG
pete

Post by pete »

So apart from the cost of advertising, what's the difference between using Buy it Now and a Classified Ad?

if you sell by 'buy it now' the ad then disappears from the ebay search, whereas the classified stays, I have never tried either so cant say if they come up in google like a regular listing.

I would just say that if I was searching for a holiday rental I would expect it to appear in the regular listings with all the others, hope this helps

pete
kirkland

Post by kirkland »

We use ebay classified, it`s cheap and a listing lasts 28 days, also you can put a link to your own website, ebay try to stop this with regular listings.