Owners Direct

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

So much for them vetting emails for scammers, Last night we had a opportunist git trying to sell us domain names via the enquiry form, Sorry I think OD have taken their finger off the pulse...............nice what a buy-out can do!

Hello by the way :)
Cheers
PC
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hello Sailor!!! :)
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

The cheeky chap back for a day :wink:

I do hope it's been and will continue to be plain sailing for you both :!:

Chianti
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thanks folks! It's pi**ing it down at the mo and it has been on and off for most of May :roll: The stuffing box on our boat is knackered...............in layman's terms we is slowly sinking, so the boat will be lifted out again tomorrow.............more dosh! :roll:

Anyway back on topic OD sort your house out or I'll send this lad over.............. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Cheers
PC
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Paul

If I don't sort my house out will you send him 'round here? I used to like Rick Astley, many moons ago :lol:

Sorry about the boat, we all get that sinking feeling sometimes.

Chianti
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We've got to decide on our OD renewal this week.

Isn't there something slightly skewed about 7,000+ page views, 40 enquiries and 4 bookings in the last 12 months?

Or anyone else getting those sort of results, which I don't think are too impressive? SEO is good, however.

MG
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

We've got to decide on our OD renewal this week
and me MG :roll: Ive been really disappointed with them this year.......and theyre more expensive........
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Here's mine for the last 12 months
1700 page views
15 enquiries
5 bookings

The hit rate has literally plummeted over the last 3 months though, credit crunch or site performance ??
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I joined them in August 2007, with money from my refund from Holiday Rentals. They have provided me with 14 weeks of bookings for 2008, also 3 weeks in September 2007.

OK, enquiries from OD have gone very quiet for the last few months, but as they virtually filled my season on their own, I will let them off. However, my advert does not expire until November, and I expect them to produce for 2009 in this period. This for me will be an indication of their present performance.

From me OD, a big 'thumbs up'. Just carry on, pretty please 8)

Bobby
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think our results are meaningless - we're (sort of) advertising 7 properties (whole chalet and/or combination of 3 apartments) so the 7,000+ views is not so interesting.

Also, what is a view? 2 secs on the page as punter discovers their mistake?

We also don't know if any bookings resulted from the link to our website (I know, I'll do it one day).

I really wish they'd push their rate tables down the page instead of almost the first thing that punters see. Surely it breaks every rule in advertising? Someone can come along and be seduced by the pics and write-up of a property and end up paying more than they'd planned for good reasons.

Do you walk into a car showroom and the salesperson comes up and says '..that one? 20 grand...'? Er, no - dragging a price out of them is the last thing you'll find out.

We'll give OD another year - there could have been conversions of the other enquiries and we had to debook a Christmas group for reasons discussed elsewhere. Their rates are OK, and the calendar is easy to fill in. Getting our link on page 1 Google is worth a few bob as well. In fact, I could turn into a fan.

Might be worth printing out their stats page, so one could compare like-for-like on the previous year.

MG
Ju

Post by Ju »

Mountain Goat wrote:We've got to decide on our OD renewal this week.

Isn't there something slightly skewed about 7,000+ page views, 40 enquiries and 4 bookings in the last 12 months?

Or anyone else getting those sort of results, which I don't think are too impressive? SEO is good, however.

MG
The only figure out of this I would look at is 4 bookings. Nothing else matters.

To me 4 bookings is worth renewing an ad.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Yes, agree there, looking at the cost of the ad alongside the income from 4 weeks.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We've had 17 enquiries and 7 bookings in the last 12 months. Will definitely renew.
Still puzzled about your very high enquiry rate relative to bookings MG. Do you have any theories about that? Our OD conversion rate seems to be in line with others in here.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

GG, you're right, though none were whole chalet bookings, so income not that impressive.

Margaret, your conversion of enquiries to bookings has always been beyond awesome and a gold standard for us all (I'm not being facetious - it's true).

I'm not sure about our low conversion of views to enquiries to bookings - maybe price? Though we're effectively giving punters a 25% discount with the current state of £ Sterling.

MG
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

OD have sold 16 wks a year for me every year and would have this year as the few bookings I got from HL were for peak period.

I'd be bereft if anything happened to their performance - they've been so good for me (and high in the SEO too)

I also find that OD customers are loyal...many use them year after year and choose the company because they generally believe they dealing direct with the owners (gives them confidence).

I'd love to have a 'customer profile' tho' from these rental sites, as it would give owners a clue as to whether they attract the right clients. e.g. a friend with an 'upmarket' property doesn't do as well with them as HR.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!