I'm 90% sure this one is a scammer...

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

What do you make of this one? The headers don't tell me anything as it was done from the CottagesDirect web form:
Greeting,
Its very not that easy to look for a weekly holidays over the net,i have take a closer look at your property which i saw in Scotland web site, well i guess its will be more O.K if i write you to know about the property in details.
Checking in date will be June 01 08.
Checking out date will be June 15 2008.
its will be either one or alternaltivly 2 weeks,for the details about the property.
Firstly about the Locations of the property.
Secondly The cost for the Rental for the choosing dates total price needed maybe for the 2 weeks rentals or 1week .
Thirdly we required for discount for the cost.
Its shuold not be a problem using a personal Brand New Pc?,We just got married some couple of months ago,so we felt we shuold relocate for 2 weeks to Great Britain,Am from California and my wife is right from Canada Richmond,i will expect to have your answer.
Cheers
Rose Thomas.
Our cottage is booked anyway but I just thought I'd seek some opinions before sending my best wishes to Lagos.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I would go for 99.9% scam....though the Accra and Port Harcourt guys can get a bit miffed if you mention Lagos.

MG
allanspence

Post by allanspence »

Yes this is the beginnings of an attempted scam -probably along the lines of 'Please help me by buying me a replacement computer for our arrival' - followed by cancellation of the booking and request to forward the computer against a cheque which eventually bounces.
I had the same one earlier today through Cottages Direct as well.
Allan Spence
www.drumnadrochit-lodges.com
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Ben

You can tell it's a scam almost from the word go (Greetings) to be exact.

Chianti

But 100% so
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

We are tellings that it is good not scam because it is all over these places with those word.

scim 101% :lol:

ary

(I didn't over do it, did I) :wink:
Ray
CSE

Post by CSE »

2 weeks to Great Britain,Am from California and my wife is right from Canada Richmond,i will expect to have your answer.
Cheers
Rose Thomas.
Rose has a wife? :?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Rose has a wife?
I think that's legal in California ;)
Cheers, Ben

Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Rose has a wife?
The media tells us that single sex marriages are quite popular with some people so, what’s in a name?

Alan
CSE

Post by CSE »

BenFriman wrote:
Rose has a wife?
I think that's legal in California ;)
It is in Spain too, just it is unusual to mention it in an email, well that is our experience.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Had an interesting request today, seems that Rose Thomas has a friend with very similar requirements! :lol:

This is what I received -
Greeting, Its very not that easy to look for a long term holidays over the net,i have take a closer look at your property which i saw in Europ Holidays web site, well i guess its will be more O.K if i write you to know about the property in details. Checking in date will be July 01 08. Checking out date will be Sep 2008. Or alternativly if its will not be possible for the 6 months rentals we can as well start the rentals right from Checking in date will be July 01 08. Checking Out will be Nov 31 08 . its will be either three months rentals or alternativly six months rentals,for the details about the property. Firstly about the Locations of the property. Secondly The cost for the Rental for the choosing dates total price needed maybe for the three months rentals or six months. Thirdly we required for discount for the cost. Its shuold not be a problem using a personal Brand New Pc?,We just got married some couple of months ago,so we felt we shuold relocate for three months or alternativly six months,Am from California and my wife is right from Canada Richmond,i will expect to have your answer.i will as well use the google translate you write you in French maybe if you dont understand english better. Piette Anderson.

I think 3 to 6 months in a bed and breakfast might be a little long!

Monkey
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

As they were asking for a discounted rate, I suggested they could have a lower rate if we could use their place in Lagos. They pretended not to understand the reply!
Cheers, Ben

Goosey

Post by Goosey »

We got that today too.
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

i will as well use the google translate you write you in French maybe if you dont understand english better. Piette Anderson.
I dread to think what Google Translate would make of it.
Cheers, Ben

Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Ben, you never know, it might even improve it! Can't make it much worse.

Monkey.