An email from Harry Hallows....& the Fraudwatchers websi

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Moulin

An email from Harry Hallows....& the Fraudwatchers websi

Post by Moulin »

Received the below enquiry today....Harry seems to be either a very chatty kind of chap who likes to stay in "places" rather than houses or it's a scam...the tel number doesn't work...looking it up on www.ukphoneinfo.com and it is seems to be registered to Magrathea Telecommunications Ltd....a telephone services provider.

Looking Magrathea up on the web and after their own website comes a site called Fraudwatchers and there's lots scam comments on there about Magrathea...Fraudwatchers basically listing which of the Magrathea numbers have been reported as suspicious and all the examples of scams that have used their phone numbers.

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/sho ... php?t=3882

So anyway i'm pretty sure this is a scam and won't be contacting them but i'm interested in Fraudwatchers...has anyone used it? Is it worth signing up for?

Thx Moulin.

Name: Harry Hallows
Arrival Date: 10/05/2008
Length of stay (days): 14
Party Size: 2
Email Address: hallows.harry12@googlemail.com Phone Number: +44 7024092442

...and has posted the following enquiry:

Hello,
How are you doing today ?well I would like to make enquiry on your said place.? Just Checking if your place if available for our date which is May 10th and we would be staying for a period of two weeks .As myself and my wife would be coming for a vacation at your place.

let me know if its possible

Regard

Harry
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Moulin

Thanks for the link to FraudWatchers and yes that email looks like a scam. Many of them seem now to be using Gmail, I don't know if there's any significance in that.

Chianti