first bad renters i need a pick me up!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

In my second year of renting I introduced a 'departures note' which I left for guests following the mid-week clean and towel change.
As well as re-confirming when to check out, where to leave keys, asking if they need taxis ordering etc, it also re-iterates our request for them to leave the villa in an acceptable state (in the T&Cs etc) and reminds them that it is their responsibility to clean bbqs, remove kitchen rubbish etc. but if they choose to leave these jobs for the cleaners then an additional cost will be made (which I detail)

It's been a big help in focusing peoples minds and we've never once had to remove days old food from the BBQ area since :D

pm me if you'd like a copy

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

That sounds like a really nice touch Mousie.

People very rarely look at or want to discuss anything to do with departures when they are booking or planning the holiday (or even reading T&C when paying), but when confronted with this info during the holiday they may well take more notice.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thanks e-richard ...that's what I thought. On arrival they're too keen to get in to the pool or open the complimentary bottles of cava! :D

However half-way through their holiday they're beginning to focus on going home and we always ask if they want taxis arranging or their suitcases holding (if they have a late flight), plus I also use the departure note to ask them to supply their bank details on the back - so I can transfer their deposit back to them on the departure date following cleaning (via internet banking).

Mousie
x
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Mouse wrote:..ask them to supply their bank details on the back
Do people remember those details and/or carry their UK cheque book on holiday ?
I actually ask for these details when acknowledging their final payment.

:idea: HINT: When receiving payment by UK cheque, transcribe the account no and sort code from the cheque so that you can refund by Internet later.

... and yes, when refunding the money, we do get the very occasional "How the heck did you get my bank details ? " :?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Good tip e-richard - but I don't accept cheques, so has to be bank transfer or direct deposit.

I'm always surprised to read about people using cheques - I've not seen my cheque book for years!

Amazingly most do remember...we've had the odd one who said they'd email with their bank details. One guest last year took ages to send hers, it was nearly Christmas before we refunded her!

Mouse
x
firstgreen

Post by firstgreen »

HINT: When receiving payment by UK cheque, transcribe the account no and sort code from the cheque so that you can refund by Internet later
Great tip e-richard, thanks for sharing :D
goosie

Post by goosie »

final update - they've agreed to pay! Very happy! And lesson learnt! Am about what I know now and wish I knew then!
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Goosie

Do you mean that they are returning the difference between the normal and discounted prices? If this is what you mean it's great news :!:

My belief is that they have seen what a wonderful property you have and realised what cads they were.

Chianti