Tips for scammers

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Carow

I do not wish to make light of the example you have given above, but the people you describe are dangerous brutal armed criminals, which I think is a little way from the criminals that send out spam emails in the hope that they will rip someone off by having money transfered into a false bank account. (Thus remaining completely anonymous, never putting themselves in a conflict situation and significantly reducing their risk of being caught)

Yes scammers are despicable individuals that cause a great deal of distress to their victims, but I think there is a difference between the two.

I'm just beginning to feel like a broken record here, but at the risk of repeating myself, again, do you have an answer to my original question of
How do they obtain our email addresses as a result of non members googling a name
and

you say
The people that set up these scam organisations are intelligent, its the ones that write the emails that are not so bright.
If they were that intelligent, they would ensure that their efforts in employing the so called 'middle management' you describe, resulted in a final product (the spam email sent) that would have at least some chance of producing results.

In other words the end result would not be emails that barely make sense in the language in which they are written
Ray
Carow

Post by Carow »

Holday Ray -I just wish we could discuss this point of view over a glass of wine and a good meal. It would be so much more interesting and convivial.

I am not accustomed to the nuances and pedantics of forums and therefore bow out gracefully from this discussion.

My initial comment was made as "food for thought". Definately not judgemental, nor sarcastic.

Carow
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

I couldn't agree with you more Carow.

I much prefer a glass of wine and good food in front of me, than a computer screen and keyboard.
Both the screen and the wine have an adverse effect (is that effect or affect ?) on my vision after a while and I know which one I prefer :P .

I've just re-read my last post and realise that it could have been perceived as a little 'heavy' It was certainly not my intention that this should happen and I didn't think for one minute that you were being either judgemental or sarcastic.
I was a little frustrated at not getting to grips with what you were trying to get across. As you say, nuances etc.

So I will join you in that bow :)
Ray
Carow

Post by Carow »

Tu est tres gentile. Perhaps we can now be friends?

A bientot
Caroline
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

mais, Bien sur :)
Ray