Summer is here!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Duchess

hot

Post by Duchess »

Oh what a loverly day!
33 I reckon, but it was hard going weeding my kitchen garden - been neglected for a couple of weeks due to guests/family etc.

So if anyone fancies a working holiday in my garden they are welcome!

Vive la France!
Duchess (17 Charente Maritime)
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

...does that include flights and a welcome drink :)
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

tansy - I croaked with laughter when you said you were watching the frogs in France....but apart from people watching, I am very envious of your lifestyle. It sounds very idyllic to just sip wine whilst watching the frogs, swallows and weeds. Maybe offer a discount to your family guests if they will do the garden for you next time they visit?

Roll on retirement!
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
enid

Post by enid »

When people tell us that we are working harder than them - and many expats feel the need to do so - we remind them that we are not retired but preparing our retirement. But you are right reddevil - even for those of us still trying to make a buck it's a great life here - yesterday I ironed for an hour, had a swim and a sunbathe cut the grass with hubby, had a swim and a sunbathe, more grass cutting then it was time for an aperitif in the garden. Our garden is looking OK as we had the A team over from the UK to give it its post winter blitz - we don't provide the air fares but we do provide unmlimited red wine and great food!!
tansy

Post by tansy »

Well red devil it's jour de travail today ...so you are meant to do nothing!!
The storms haven't arrived - it is beautiful..they are still singing :lol:
We're off in a minute to deliver lily of the valley to 4 households (good luck token here) - walk on Utah Beach - back for lunch (fresh asparagus from your part of the world!) and then encore weeding !! Well that is the plan but no doubt someone will get out a pastis bottle on our rounds!!...it is quite dangerous living here as well as hard work :wink:
John Borg

Post by John Borg »

I wish you guys wouldn't mention the garden all the time - my wife browsed through this thread and decided it was "garden day" today, so we ended up trimming the hedge, then a barbeque lunch with beer and wine, more trimming the hedge, mowing the lawn, cutting off the old palm fronds and all of that miserable way to spend a Sunday in spring, plus it was hot!
I have decided to put frogs in the pond and take up frog watching.
Tansy - which are the best frogs to use? 8) maintanace free ones of coarse!
Malta – always in the sunshine!
tansy

Post by tansy »

John...the best ones have a leetle accent when they croak....

these are a lurid green with black stripes...they do look very familiar when I last looked in the freezer in the supermarket...we're wondering if we are going to have to develop a new taste....the pond has only been in situ 9 months...last summer we had 2 frogs take up residence...this year at least 20....next year...a feast perhaps :lol:
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Summer, what summer?? :roll:

Bank holiday here and it has pi..., er, persistently rained all weekend and thunder storms too. We're talking monsoons, not just rain showers. Hub thinks its him as everytime he sticks his head out of the door the rain starts again.....

Why are UK bank holidays so predictibly miserable weather wise?? :cry: Still, 5 weeks will see me flying off to sunny California :D
paolo

Post by paolo »

Sue,

You should come and live down south, we had a beautiful sunny day, picnic weather, a bit too hot in the sun actually - I had to come in and watch the snooker to cool down.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

Just have to add a little bit to this thread ..... mainly because I still can't believe it .....

Italy - 8 weeks of sun so far (well, with two days of rain), the temperature has risen gradually from 22 degrees early april to the dizzy heights of 39 over the past week!

Why oh why, didn't we do this sooner?!