Classic Over Payment Scam

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
luisortiz

Classic Over Payment Scam

Post by luisortiz »

I've been renting out my home for 3 years, when I first started I fell for something like this. I answered the email, and they sent me a real looking certified check. But, the check had no water marks, so I Googled the bank's name, and found a customer service number. They confirmed the check was bogus. I emailed the scammer again, and told them I had not received the check, and they sent another one! And they were damn insistent too, on sending the over payment to someone else. I told them I had not received the second check, and they continued emailing me until someone else rented out those days.
philip.graham62@yahoo.com
date Jul 14, 2008 4:45 AM
subject RESERVATION
mailed-by bounce.secureserver.net

Goodday,
I will like to rent this house for 15 days for friends who will come there for honeymoon its my gift to them since i cannot attend their wedding. 4th october 2008 to 18 october is the suggested time frame advice.
However,i have a Certified Bank cashier check made out for this, that will cover your rental services, and the remaining after you deduct your fees and send the balance to a travel agent, who will make arrangements for Flight tickets, car hire, a guide and other services for the couple.

So I will like you to furnish me with the followings:
(1)The total cost of the reservation for the 15 days starting
from 04/10/2008 - 18/10//2008.
(2) YOUR FULL NAME (name on cheque )
(3)ADDRESS (for cheque delivery)..............
(4) PHONE NUMBERS.
The guests names are Jessica and Ricardo Martinez.
12 London Rd
Ashford. Middx. TW15 3AA
UK.
I think they will meet all your criteria, no pets, no smoking and all, if such rules exist.
Its a suprise remember, I think the information given here so far is sufficient.
I await your reply with the check payment details.
Regards
http://www.villaorleanspr.com
http:/www.secretgardenartgallerypr.com/
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I think they will meet all your criteria, no pets, no smoking and all, if such rules exist.
Youve gotta smile really :) trying to be specifically unspecific!!

but trouble is people do get caught by these sorts of scams........:roll: