Scam (in French) - Georges Viera

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Beanie

Scam (in French) - Georges Viera

Post by Beanie »

I'm usually quite attuned to scams written in English, but have to admit that due to rushing & the fact that it's in French, let this one pass through my fingers :-

----- Original Message -----
To: georgesviera@yahoo.fr
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:22 PM
Subject: DEMANDE DE LOCATION

georgesviera@yahoo.fr

Je me nomme Monsieur GEORGES VIERA et dans le cadre d'un séjour dans votre pays et surtout dans votre ville j'aimerais louer votre bien immobilier. Je viendrais donc avec mon épouse et mon enfant nous serons au nombre de 02 personnes pour occuper le bien. Je compte venir dans votre pays le 15 Septembre 2008 et je voudrais louer votre bien immobilier pour la période allant du 15 septembre au 15 Decembre 2008 c'est à dire 03 mois. Et sil n'ya na pas de places pour les dates demandées, alors j'aimerais faire une reservation.

Si vous avez la disponibilité veuillez m'en informer par email sur georgesviera@yahoo.fr ou me joindre au 00225 02 29 80 52.

Merci

I politely replied (in my faultering French) saying that we didn't have availability for this time.

I then forwarded it to MG who has a far more astute head on his goaty shoulders re. these type of things than I clearly do and he passed back the following tips:

1) Je me nomme......is a typical start for any West African, French- or English-speaking scammer.

2) 00225 telephone dialing code - Google that and it's Ivory Coast.

Looking at it again - the fact that the recipient is the same as the enquirer is also another dodgy sign and indicates mass mailing but I didn't spot that at the time.

So another one to be aware of Folks.

These people are such bl**dy time-wasters.

:evil:
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Yes, his maths is a bit dodgy, too...Have you worked out how he intends to come with his wife and child and occupy the property as a party of 2 persons...? :roll: :lol: