it must be the weekend for scammers

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
goosie

it must be the weekend for scammers

Post by goosie »

Have had three scam emails from three different rental sites (h-r; holidaylets and lovetoescape). One was bordering on ok so I replied only to get the usual we'll send more money you send yours back reply - derrr! I know I shouldn't reply, but I couldn't resist

"Thank you for your enquiry. I'm afraid that we only take payment from overseas by paypal and will not refund any money until that clears. There are some very unscrupulous people out there who steal other people's money by sitting at home at their computer and sending scam emails.

I know you are trustworthy so I look forward to hearing from you soon."

Funnily enough, not heard a peep :?

just in case it was a sociologist from the US holidaying in holland and wanting to come to gloucestershire next (of course!) johnygoodman; one on honeymoon stevekateboardman google.com and one so blatantly useless I deleted the email before registering the name.

Where are all the genuine people???? :cry:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

We've got a steady stream from Ivory Coast at the moment, in pidgin' French. ( Je suis.......drone, drone) HR don't seem interested in swatting them.

MG