3 week November honeymooon

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
la vache!

3 week November honeymooon

Post by la vache! »

This isn't as badly written as some, but it is a scam, I had two of them in my inbox this morning, from different people, both yahoo addresses:
Hi,
I will like to make a reservation for 21 days for friends who will come there for honeymoon its my gift to them since i cannot attend their wedding. Let me know if there is any vacancy for the month of November 1st to November 21st 2008 or any other dates you have available, I will await your response
Regards,
Mark Davis

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

LV, if you've got a bit of time to spare, it can be seriously rewarding tying a honeymoon scammer into knots.

Something on the lines of: '.....in our country, it is traditional for the wedding night breakfast to roast a dozen hedgehogs - and for the mayor of our village to exercise his traditional rights with the bride......' that sort of thing.

The poor b******* have to go along with it. Best not to use your normal email address.

On the other hand we've had two way-out-of-season honeymoon bookings last year which were surprisingly genuine, so take care, you may have to find the hedgehogs and mayor....

MG
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I had a peachy one on the same lines a couple of weeks ago except that the guy wanted to book THREE honeymooning couples in at the same time!

I suppose it could have been a group of Moonies.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mountain Goat wrote:
On the other hand we've had two way-out-of-season honeymoon bookings last year which were surprisingly genuine, so take care, you may have to find the hedgehogs and mayor....

MG
No-one in their right mind would have a honeymoon in dreary November, in Brittany!
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Are all your guests in their right mind? I'm pretty sure that a number of ours aren't.

And not just because they've chosen to stay with us. :lol:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: Liked the qualification Cassis!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be