Kelly Rain

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
A-two

Kelly Rain

Post by A-two »

This one got me:
Name: Kelly Rain
E-mail: rbb9844@gmail.com
Tel: + 44 +773-275-7712
Arrival date: Saturday, 15 November 2008
Departure date: Sunday, 30 November 2008
Total no in party: 2 (including children)
No of children: 0
Further info:
I am interested in your rental. Let me know the total
amount of 2 people for 2 weeks 11/15 to 11/30 Dates
are flexible
Sent standard response, including exact rate, and back came:
Thanks so much for the respond and i am really glad to have your home rent.Our stay would be great.
Let me have the name and address where the payment would be mail to and the total amount for the 2 weeks . The payment would be by US Cashier;s check .

Thanks and God bless you .

+447045757029

Aaaaargh!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

AAh indeed...
Thanks and God bless you .
BTW has anyone EVER had a God Bless from a legitimate enquiry............ :?:
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Big Sis.. wrote: BTW has anyone EVER had a God Bless from a legitimate enquiry............ :?:
Nope,

Tis a bit of a give away isn't it :x

It was such a promising looking start as well A-two.

Thanks for the warning :)
Ray
A-two

Post by A-two »

I decided to have a little fun and see if I could actually get my hands on this check.... :twisted: ....so I sent the mailing address, just that and God Bless...... now we're rolling:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:34 PM
Hi,

How are you doing? I got a confirmation today that the payment has been processed and sent by the sponsors but there is a little Problem.The car rental fee (limousine)that will be responsible for conveying us during our vacation period and they will be the one to pick us up at the airport and also handle all of our traveling affairs was included in your home rental fee.
I want you to do me a favour.I would like you to take out the rental fee for reservation and send the remaining balance to the car rental via western union money transfer or Moneygram so I would be assured that our traveling arrangement is secured and finalized.

Do you know any Western union or Moneygramm outlet around you?I do appologise for any inconviniences caused you. Hope to hear from you ASAP.

Have a nice day.

Thanks
p.s. people say God Bless all the time here, so although I haven't ever noticed it in a first inquiry before, I must admit it didn't raise a flag. This person's command of English is good, maybe they are.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

The email address might raise an eyebrow down this warren....but, then again....
A-two

Post by A-two »

from Kelly Rain <rbb9844@gmail.com>
date Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:23 AM

Can i have your Phone number?
I might tell her I'm deaf, so don't use a phone. There's a small risk that she might notice the number in the signature file, but it hasn't happened yet .........