Paypal Language help

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Thomas BC

Paypal Language help

Post by Thomas BC »

I am hoping someone who uses Paypal for guests to pay for their bookings can help.

I use Paypal for my payments, and I have a button on my website that takes people through to a default page that is configured for payments to be made to my account.

Problem is because my account is a paypal.fr account (understandably, I am a French business) that default page is in French. I have changed the language preferences in my account for English. So when I log in to my account everything is in English. When anyone clicks on the button on my website they go to a default page that is in French. It is quite straight forward to change to English, but I frequently have guests paying for their bookings who do not speak any French.

Has anyone else figured out a way of changing the language for this default page. Or another solution. Currently I email instructions how to change the page to English, but I am not sure that is that great a solution. I recently had a guest phone me up saying they cant pay their deposit because the page is in French. I responded by asking if I had forgotten to include the instructions in my email. Their response, oh we had not read those.

Given that the page is already set up for a payment to go to my account it, I am sure there is a solution. It is not a generic Paypal page. Paypal has been no help at all, and I have read through every page on Selling Preferences.

Thanks in advance
Thomas
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi Thomas,

I seem to remember there's a box on the payment page that allows them to stipulate their country, and that brings up the appropriate language. I tried to do it with mine just now but the cookies take me straight through with my signin so I couldn't check it for you.

GF
Lounging on the lily pad...
Thomas BC

Post by Thomas BC »

Thanks GF, you are quite right. And like you because of cookies, every time I try and access this page I always get it in English. I send instructions to this effect when confirming to my guests details enabling them to to proceed to make a payment (There are a many English people who do not know what United Kingdom is in French.)

But this rather implies that the default page people get when they click on the paypal button on my site is always in French. I am trying to get the default page to always appear in English. A bit Anglocentric I know, but ... Changing the language preferences only affects my account as I see it, when I log in to to my account. But given that this page is set up for making a payment into my account (ie it is not a generic Paypal page), I would have thought I should be able to change the language preference on it.