Another school holiday week not let!

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I don't know. We still have a lot of August free in the UK. And, since mid April, enquiries (and bookings) for our Bavarian properties have been booming while for the UK property we are getting almost no enquiries.
SherborneCottages

June fully booked!?

Post by SherborneCottages »

Wow, I'm surprised that you're fully booked through June! We've found it quite hard to fill them this month.

We've had one weekend in all of our properties booked up by a wedding party, other than that we've not had anybody on 'holiday.' Instead, we've had somebody book one property for the full month (at a discounted rate!) while they were moving house and then some left over long-term lets in two of the properties for the first couple of weeks.

I thought that June was often quite hard to book, I suppose I'm wrong!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We had some weekend bookings in the spring. But we are empty from 5th August. Perhaps all those people who were supposed to holiday in the UK are going abroad after all?

How are all your special offers/make us an offer promotions going? We have not gone further than last minute discounts so far.
Last edited by Margaret on Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goosie

Post by goosie »

last year, June was empty all but one weekend - I figured it was too close to the summer holidays for people to be taking a UK break. But this year, we were full for June! July still has two week's free and despite lots of promotion we've had no interest - though it has increased enquiries for other dates :?
harcourtv57

Post by harcourtv57 »

We too have had an unusually busy June - but still got weeks in July and August, not helped by a three week cancellation for July :cry:

No bookings at all for September but a couple for the Autumn half term. We haven't cut prices but will be offering last minute availability reductions as the weeks get closer!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Very slow here, although July is booked with myself and my sister both staying for two weeks, I only have my regular visitors in August and a 3 night break. Last summer was full from mid-july to mid-September. I have had road cyclists staying in both May and June though, my first ever bookings for those months.