Test host.

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Paul Carmel

Test host.

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi all,

We are in the middle of building a new site, and are looking for hosting just for a month or so to test it out, before we commit to uploading the new site to our existing hosting. Does anyone know of anyone who's offering any short term hosting & domain name (we don't care what it is as we won't use it afterwards) for free? I have looked around and most companies offer one or the other........any clues as to who might do both?
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

Paul,

If you upload it to your long-term host and domain name, and don't link to it from anywhere, it should stay unindexed by any search engines, and effectively for your eyes only.

Or you are welcome to use some of my webspace if you don't care what the urls of your pages are - I have loads to spare.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi Paolo,

I might take you up on the web space and ULR, I just need to get a bit further down the line on the site itself.

Thank you for the offer :lol:
Cheers
PC
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi Paolo,

Well we've finished the new site, well the English pages anyway, and as we need to keep our existing site up there can we please take you up on your offer of some web space (we have a url)? It will just be for a week or so.

If it's still ok, could you please pm me (in laymans terms!) what to do?
Cheers
PC
paolo

Post by paolo »

Paul,

I have sent you a PM.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Paolo,

Thanks for that, it looks fairly simple ( famous last words ) We will give it a bash this afternoon.
Cheers
PC
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Paul,
I haven't been counting, but that looks like mass slaughter of a penguin population: this is too big for the RSPCA. Look out for the WWF.
Best,
Alexia.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Alexia,

To me it looks like one penguin teaching another a lesson, using a method which is now forbidden to human parents - a clip around the lugs. In the animal world does PC mean Penguin Control?

Do penguins need "some woman with a bicycle knitted out of bits of her husband's hair" (Jeremy Clarkson) to teach them a thing or two? Should the RSPCA and the WWF invade and occupy Corsica to stop this abuse or do penguins have rules made by penguins, for penguins?

Alan
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

What's the Worldwide Wrestling Federation got to do with penguins?
Cheers
PC
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paul,

The “Raw� fact is nothing, unless you grade the intellectual capacity of the participants on a scale of 1 to 10.

Oops! Forgive me, I’ve just been rude to --- penguins.

Alan