May Bookings

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Nemo

May Bookings

Post by Nemo »

Well its been a roller coaster few weeks personally, with changes with commission sturcture from my managing agents, to my youngest son with a burst appendix! We were due to go to our property at Easter but didn't make it. Hope to get there for May bank hol as I have a washing machine floating around in the ether waiting delivery. :roll:

I have started to get things together to advertise the property myself, but as far as a website goes that will take longer. I have just found out that I have no forward bookings in May, which is very frustrating. I have put a postcard in my local newsagents for starters.

Does anyone have any suggestions for trying to quickly fill this gap in my bookings? I also have 3 weeks in July pre school hols and 1 week in Aug to fill. It would be great if I could book thses dates as I will earn a great deal more without the loss of the commission payments.
Annew

Post by Annew »

I've had moderate success using Gumtree London for last minute bookings - could be worth a try...
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Great idea. I had bookmarked Gumtrees site but never used it. I assume to place an ad in different areas you have to go through the process of placing the ad several times? For example if you placed an ad in the three or four areas nearest to the destination you get greater exposure?

I have just posted an ad, but its doing strange things with photos - I tried one then deleted it and yet it was still there? I'll have to see if I can edit it once its gone live.
Austria

Post by Austria »

Hi you need a website and write a blog, which leads to your site!

Most of my leads now come from my blog.

Goodjavascript:emoticon(':wink:') luck.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Ebay for auctions and ad listings, Google Business Centre and Twitter.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.