Service washing, South Lakes area

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
davhill

Service washing, South Lakes area

Post by davhill »

Hello all,

My wife and I are getting close to starting up our holiday let in Kendal. This'll be a 2+2 (one double, one sofabed) and we're looking at laundry matters.

So, here's the question.

Can anyone recommend a service wash provider in the area?
Property owner in Burneside, Kendal, Cumbria
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Hello David and welcome to LMH.

We've also just started out offering self-catering accommodation in Kendal. Whereabouts is your property?

As far as laundry is concerned, my wife is seeing to ours. I'm not sure if she would want to take more on, but I can ask if you would be interested.

Regards

Paul
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi Davhill
Are you doing your own changeovers? If so then the amount of washing from your let won't be too onerous. If someone is doing your changeovers then ask how much they would charge. I pay a fiver extra if I want washing and ironing.

Some of us have an Elna ironing press. http://www.elnapress.com/ Fairly expensive when you are starting out (around £500) but 7 years on mine has paid for itself in the time saved and they are good for your general ironing too. There are many cheaper ones on the market of course if you want to research those.
davhill

Post by davhill »

kendalcottages wrote:Hello David and welcome to LMH.

We've also just started out offering self-catering accommodation in Kendal. Whereabouts is your property?

As far as laundry is concerned, my wife is seeing to ours. I'm not sure if she would want to take more on, but I can ask if you would be interested.

Regards

Paul
Thanks Paul...and Sue,

The property is in Gardiner Bank, just off Kendal Green.

Fiona and I plan to have two sets of linen...one being washed ready for changeover, one in use. Our doing the washing ourselves is an option, though we haven't the room for any special gear. The other point is coverage if we can't do a changeover ourselves for any reason.

We're still in the setting up stage, so a a lot is going on. As you might expect, there'll be more questions to follow!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi, I'd recommend three sets of linens. One on, one in the wash and one for spares in case of stains or unforseen circumstances!
davhill

Post by davhill »

Thank you, folks,

We're thinking of doing our own washing but are still seeking a local service wash provider, to cover for times when we're busy, on holiday, etc.