Grand Soleil sunloungers: replacement covers

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Jimbo

Grand Soleil sunloungers: replacement covers

Post by Jimbo »

We bought eight Grand Soleil sun loungers five seasons ago to use around our pool. One has been broken, the rest are still good but the mesh covers have shredded. They're Italian (although GS seems popular here) but I'm struggling to make contact with the company to get them to supply me with new covers. Don't suppose anybody has a local GS supplier or a contact within the company? Long shot.

This is what they look like in blue, yellow and white: http://tinyurl.com/yk4hwjg

Jim
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Did you ever find the covers Jimbo? The range looks smart!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

No. I did a holding operation this year by covering the seven loungers with yellow towelling covers, which did look smart at the start of the season. At the end, the covers look tired and faded and a bit baggy (I know how they feel!). HelenB did suggest (on a different thread) that I might use a steam cleaner to try and revive the loungers' fortunes and I will do this as soon as the season ends but, failing that, replacement looks likely. Which is a shame because the frames are still fine.

Jim
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Oh - that is a shame if you need to replace perfectly viable sunloungers just because of the mesh bit.

Our white ones were good quality (could even have been resin but I can't recall: they were expensive but not as expensive as they can get!) and are the same as we had when we started renting in 2005, so have done us proud. Despite having arms, only one has been broken I think and at the end of summer 2009 still looked pretty good. However they will have undergone a full season since I saw them last, and they no longer make them .... damn nuisance when you want to maintain a matching set.

I am not sooo keen on plastic or resin but in this business durability and practicality are important considerations.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be