Want a free link in return for article on your local area?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
kendalcottages

Want a free link in return for article on your local area?

Post by kendalcottages »

Hi everyone... as some of you may know, I am involved in a popular UK travel blog (nothing to do with KC). From time to time, we have guest bloggers on there, writing about anything from restaurants in their local area, to attractions, or whatever they think might of interest to readers. These are not directly self-promotional pieces but rather an indirect opportunity to advertise as, at the end, the articles carry a short 'bio' that reads "Fred Bloggs is Owner of XYZ Cottage", with a link to the site in question. If this is of interest to anyone, feel free to let me know (either by posting here or by PM if you prefer) and I can send more details.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Is this just for the UK Paul?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

The one I had in mind is just for the UK, yes...

However, I'm also involved in a(n even more popular) blog for the luxury travel industry where a similar opportunity exists. So if anyone wants to write about luxury travel issues and has a property to match (it's quite high end luxury stuff that's covered), then by all means get in touch on that front also.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Fancy an article on the dog friendly lake district?
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Windy wrote:Fancy an article on the dog friendly lake district?
Spit! You beat me to it! Actually I was thinking along the lines of the dog friendly Howgills, but similar. Trouble is, our dog's grammar is appalling and she tends to hit five keys at a time, so I've no idea what she's written. However, when I throw OH's Windows laptop (I'm a Smug Mac Owner) into the trees, the dog always retrieves it.
That's Labradors for you :roll:.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

I'll send you both details. :)

There's a special bonus for those of you in Cumbria - the blog posts for the Cumbria contingent go out to http://www.facebook.com/lakedistrict which has over 8,000 fans (I could have sworn it was over 20K but seemingly not)

In fact, there's a similar bonus for anyone writing about London - London-related blog posts go out to http://www.facebook.com/londontourism which has over 40,000 fans.
Riverside

Post by Riverside »

I'd happily write about Northumberland, i can think of a huge number of different topics! Can you send me some more details? Cheers.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Hi Riverside... sure, I'll send details to your email, as I'm having problems with my internet connection at the moment.

Regards

Paul
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I could do something on mid Wales.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Thanks, Margaret... PM on its way. :)
Yorkshire Lass

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

I could do something on Scarborough, North Yorkshire!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Hi YL... I've sent you more info via the contact form on your website. I seem to have a bit of trouble with PMs here on LMH and am not sure if they are sending properly.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Could do one for London - East End Sunday? Hackney food and fashion tour?
I can do you one on luxury styled fun in chamonix (night dogsled rides to mountain restaurants, helicopter over Mont Blanc, Michelin starred restaurants etc) but I purposefully avoid the word luxury for us, so whether it would suit depends on the site.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Thanks, Martha... more info on its way to you.
peacefulpakefield

The east

Post by peacefulpakefield »

Hi there.

I'd welcome the details. While I'm a newbie here, theres a lot about the east coast of Britain that remains a closely guarded secret that I know.

Best thoughts

Jonathan

www.peacefulpakefield.co.uk