Facebook Ads

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Maurmc

Facebook Ads

Post by Maurmc »

I'm running an Facebook ad on a very small trial this weekend. Just wondering has anyone used it and if so, any success?
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
yourlamanga
Location: La Manga Del Mar Menor, Costa Calida, Murcia, Spain

Post by yourlamanga »

I did this last year and although I still have yet to achieve the elusive FB booking it did attract a few more fans to my page.
"There are two seasons in Scotland: June and winter.” - Billy Connolly

http://www.yourlamanga.com/index.php
http://bit.ly/aGbQ6n - Homelidays
http://bit.ly/c7O4O9 - HR
http://twitter.com/yourlamanga - Twitter
mitchellbryson

Post by mitchellbryson »

I've used it for things unrelated to holiday homes but I got quite frustrated with the low click-through rate, from such a high impression count. Seems as though 99% of people ignore facebook ads.

*EDIT: I should probably make that 99.98% to reflect my CTR :lol:
caroig

Post by caroig »

I've just started and I'm very impressed with the ability to really target the ad. I was promoting a local holiday in Andalucia - I ended filtering down from the 11million spanish facebook users to the 3800 that lived in Andalucia, were over 25 and liked hiking and nature. Powerful stuff!! I did get a booking although I don't know for sure if it was a result of the ad or not.

I set a daily budget and over 5 days spent €20.70, got a CTR of 0.111% (108) clicks on 97,000 impressions. Another stat from FB is that 5.6% of people that saw that one or more of their friends had liked my page.

It's far, far easier than playing with adwords and I plan to use it again for specific promotions.

I'm just starting to play with the new Facebook page functions - now my Facebook landing page "knows" my vistor's language and if they have already liked my page. The current version is just an experiment and perhaps too bold, but I'd be interested in any comments.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Just got a call from them offering

facebookglobal.com/prices.php
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
caroig

Post by caroig »

I've read that facebookglobal is a scam - that may not be the case, but it's definitely not facebook, I'd handle with care.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

God I wish I understood FB. I'm sure it would be useful if I could only figure it out!
Cordoba_Rest

Post by Cordoba_Rest »

Caroig, how do you make your Fb page look like that?
caroig

Post by caroig »

This was hand spun, but it's a bit of a pain. There's a good article here, but there are a few gotcha's to look out for.

There lots of offers on the web for the same type of thing - for example shortstack.

If you try it and get stuck then let me know.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

We spent very heavily on Facebook about 18 months ago and did not get it right. This was an expensive error.

The key is whether it can focus down to your area and yet not exclude the areas from which your potential guests come from. Adwords is good at this, but Adwords is not necessarily suitable for single or low number holiday let operations.

We are keeping an eye on Facebook to see how it develops. If you are a local trades operation it could work better, but I am unconvinced if you want to draw guests from whole countries or even from international markets.

It can be a serious error to let a previous advertising mistake stop you from trying again. You could have not used the system properly, or it could have greatly improved what it offers since you were 'stung'.

For this reason we tend to revisit previous attempts to see if things have improved and we can then use their services. There is only one exception to this for us which is Yellow Pages. Their aggressive almost manic selling combined with very poor value for money (from our experience) has convinced us never ever ever again to do business with them.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting