Casa holidays?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
memes

Casa holidays?

Post by memes »

Has anyone had any problems with this co? When we bought our place we inherited some sites the previous owners had used. After getting a couple of enquiries from them after a year I thought I would try their pay for emails offer - with promises of much better response levels. I paid about £9 x 2 for 5 emails for each of our houses - not much but hard cash nonetheless. Have had one email from them saying that someone had connected to our own website and nothing else.
Today I get an email from them saying my emails had now run out on one house and did I want to pay for more. When I looked at our stats on their site both houses have apparantly run out of emails paid for though I have received none and the site says no emails sent and one house has now reverted to free advertiser status and is ranked last in their listings. Great.
They had previously emailed me asking me to send new photos which they would put up in a day - I did this - 3 weeks later the photos were still old ones. They do not respond to emails it seems - I have obviously replied to them today stating my concerns. Will try to call them but have lost my voice at the mo so phone talk becomes a little farcical.
Just wondered if anyone else had had dealings with them good or bad - I don't like their site much, it doesn't work at all in Firefox only IE and has a horrible lay out. Certainly will not be giving them more of my money. Its only £18 I've been ripped off at the end of the day but its still bloomin annoying. Would advise others to beware!
Memes
paolo

Post by paolo »

Not exactly a ringing endorsement then. :lol:

Personally I wouldn't touch a pay-for-enquiries site with a bargepole because this is so easily abused. Sounds like this lot are totally hopeless as well as having a dodgy business model.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
memes

Post by memes »

Yes I did think I might get some enquiries which were bogus - didn't expect them to just invent ones that they never even sent though! Oh well caveat emptor I guess - no reply to my email of course yet - shall call them when I have a voice back and tell you if I get any joy.
I'm not optimistic!

Memes
Perrot

Casa or secondcasa ?

Post by Perrot »

If this is secondcasa, stay well clear. They have been spamming me weekly for about six months now, generally with bogus email addresses and messages entitled "Reservation enquiry" or something similar.
memes

Post by memes »

No its casaholidays not secondcasa - they spam me a lot too and the site looks rubbish. When my voice returned I tried to call Casaholidays and was not terribly surprised when the no was unobtainable. However over the w/e I had a email reply saying sorry there was some sort of glitch and he had replaced my 5 'credits' - unfortunately only for one property not both. *sigh* he is apparantly in the Ukraine until Jan 1 (tho I suspect this maybe a typo and he means Jun 1) and having problems getting it fixed from there. All sounds very odd.

Having said that I'll prob get a booking now - would recommend avoiding them though..