Hudson's England email

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
greenbarn

Hudson's England email

Post by greenbarn »

If your property has a VE rating, then you'll presumably receive an email inviting you to list it on Hudsons England dot com.

Hudson's are the outfit that produces the official VE Guide Book, and with VE dumping us all from their site, Hudson's are taking the opportunity to provide the means "for customers to find you" if you have VE Quality Assured accommodation. (BTW - whatever happened to the QIT website that was going to list all properties, and at least be some kind of backup to a rating claim? VE are very quiet, and not publishing posts on their forum lately......)

I thought I'd give it a quick look. Our properties are on there, basic free listing, no contact details (that might change if I confirm it - don't know) BUT - with the wrong star rating :roll: There's another owner nearby whose properties have the same basic listing, with a four star rating, when AFAIK she dumped VE a while back and therefore doesn't even qualify for inclusion. :roll: :roll:

Ho hum...........

Are we surprised? Are we downhearted? Are we remotely important to VE?
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

How come VE are dumping you from their site? :?
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

kendalcottages wrote:How come VE are dumping you from their site? :?
The VE site no longer lists accommodation providers (certainly no self-catering, not sure about everything else and I'd find it too depressing to look :( ) We were promised a new feature on the Quality In Tourism (QIT) site that would at least allow guests to check that a star rating was genuine; that was going to be "from April", but no sign of it last time I looked.

I think VE are concentrating on telling people that the Olympics are in London this year. (Did you know that anyway.......?)
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Greenbarn wrote:...I'd find it too depressing to look...
You might like to, GB... because when you go there, a little pop-up appears that says:
VisitEngland would like to invite you to take part in a short survey about our website.
Sounds like an opportunity. ;)

(annoyingly, there seems to be no way of 'closing' the pop-up, unless you first click on it to be taken to the survey and then hit your back button afterwards)

They do have accommodation on there (inc. self-catering), but more just in the form of articles and select lists, rather than anything you can search independently. So, presumably if you're not in any of these features, you're not included, which I would assume would apply to the majority.
Greenbarn wrote:I think VE are concentrating on telling people that the Olympics are in London this year. (Did you know that anyway.......?)
Hmmm... I think I might have heard of it. Is it a big thing?
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.