Feeling Low - Advice please?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
ces

Post by ces »

Alan Knighting wrote:Ces,

Sad though it may be it might be time for you to move on.

Alan
Have now arranged agents to give us an idea of value. We have recently also bought off plan with view to rental on the Costa De La Luz intending that the Dales Cottage would eventually go - in the past it has paid its way including a mortgage but made a loss last year. Which I suppose is unsurprising but it is amazing how giving a lot of our clients have been. The new property will not be ready for some time so I did not feel the need to move on quite so quickly. I suppose this has bought it to a head really.

CES
A-two

Post by A-two »

Ces,
In my experience, one solicitor's letter is all that is takes to resolve a neighborly dispute, but if your neighbor wants to make life difficult for you, he could drag it out for years. So if you're seriously thinking of selling, then I would caution you about starting any legal action.

Ask your solicitor whether or not you have to disclose any disputes with neighbors to prospective buyers if you put the property on the market for sale. I think you will find that you do have that obligation, and to provide the buyer with copies of related documents, including any solicitor's letters you may have sent.

You also need to know whether or not what he is doing is adversely impacting the market value of your property. Have a quiet word with a real estate agent. If it isn't, then albeit annoying, it may be better not to start anything, but if it is, then you may not have a choice, and will need to resolve it before you can sell it, however long it takes.

Tough call, I don't envy you!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yes, you do have to admit to any neighbour disputes in the Uk :-(