Finally here!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
annedab

Finally here!

Post by annedab »

At last.... all the moving is finally over and we are installed in our new home. It has certainly been an adventure and we are happy to have somewhere to lay our hats at last. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on the forum who has provided support when needed and some lovely words of encouragement. It is looking like we will have a busy summer - we inherited some bookings from the previous owners, but both of us have closed our first "solo" bookings this week which is a lovely feeling. The amount of information available here has really helped us to tread carefully through the minefield, and now that we are on-site, I don't think this will be my last posting!!! The only downside is that I think I am going to have to read the towel thread(s) now :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Bienvenue chez vous, Anne and Mr Anne! Must be a huge relief to be settled after all the upheaval of moving (twice).

Are you going to be doing everything yourself? It looks like a LOT going on, with tents and caravan and two gites and 2 cdh rooms ...

We really have our work cut out with just 4 guests so all I can say is ... bon courage :wink:
annedab

Post by annedab »

Thanks FC - yes, we will be doing everything ourselves - well that's the plan anyway. Having looked at the calendar I have asked OH for some annual leave in July, but that was met with a firm no :D At the moment we are concentrating on our own house - luckily there is not too much to do, but the basement is still full of boxes waiting to be unpacked - I think they breed down there. I am sure summer will be here quicker than we think!
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
tessa

Post by tessa »

Well, looks like I'm between the two of you (I'm in 31) and we had summer today!!

Best of luck for a great season...
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

It's great, isn't it tessa - I'm working on the laptop on the terrace in teeshirt and shorts :lol:

It's all going pear shaped again at the weekend though :cry:
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

FC

T-shirt & Shorts ... I have just reluctantly taken the dog for a walk through the vineyards and it has started to snow with -3° on the terrace

Out come the thermals :P and hot coffee

And my neighbour called in earlier to ask if I wanted to go to the garden centre for spring plants. Brrrrrrrr