freetobook

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Essar

Post by Essar »

It's on this page to the right of the first image. "Book Now".
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
booboo

Post by booboo »

Thanks Essar, its quite small print, it would not let me book any dates!
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

I don't know whether it's any better, but I have followed Essar's step by step instructions. I'm trying to persevere with this, as I'd like to give it my best shot. I am also trying to find out how to change my existing bookings from ''Closed out'' to ''Booked'' :roll:
limousin-cottage

oooops! :oops: Back to the drawing board - it's working now - thanks Essar - but I have made a mess of entering the rates I see!

Regarding all your comments on the size (or lack of) the 'Book Now' link - yes, I agree it's very inconspicuous. It's difficult to add it anywhere else on the iowners website - there are limitations on the number of letters.
limousin-cottage

By jove I've got it! :)
Essar

Post by Essar »

limousin-cottage

Use the Diary to add and manage your bookings. Click on the "add a booking" on the arrival date and complete the pop-up form.
Tip: If you don't want to use FTB for your management, just complete the first line; consisting of the types of guests, once you do this it offers the properties available, click your property and simply add the lead guests first and last name. They are the mandatory fields. Click save and it's updated.

To edit a booking, go to Diary, click on the any of the dates for the booking and the same form pops-up. If you look at the top you can see how you can use the system for full management.

Close-Outs can be used to blank out dates without entering any booking details.

Your rate chart looks good now. Well done!

If you can why not use one of the "BOOK NOW" buttons on your home page rather than the text, put it where you entered your new text description. To do this go to Widgets and save one of the buttons by right-clicking it and saving. Copy the file to your home page on your server. Then replace the text in the [SQUARE BRACKETS] in the widget HTML code with the new destination of the of the button file (mine is http:/ /www.bournemouthselfcatering. com/btn2.png). Once you've done this copy the new HTML code and paste it into the placeholder where you want it to appear on your website page. See my example:-
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I have spent the better part of a day battling with this. I don't find it particularly obvious to use and they don't use quite the same terminology. My plan was to add it to my facebook page. I ended up having to ring cause I got stuck, only to be told that you can only link one property to a facebook page. I'm not at all sure what to do with this info as I have three, and certainly don't want another couple of facebook pages as I have already got two (one for each business). Ho hum what to do!

I dont get the part about units available, but still maybe something will dawn on my eventually. Anyone give me any clarity please?
limousin-cottage

Essar wrote:limousin-cottage

Use the Diary to add and manage your bookings. Click on the "add a booking" on the arrival date and complete the pop-up form.
Tip: If you don't want to use FTB for your management, just complete the first line; consisting of the types of guests, once you do this it offers the properties available, click your property and simply add the lead guests first and last name. They are the mandatory fields. Click save and it's updated.

To edit a booking, go to Diary, click on the any of the dates for the booking and the same form pops-up. If you look at the top you can see how you can use the system for full management.

Close-Outs can be used to blank out dates without entering any booking details.

Your rate chart looks good now. Well done!

If you can why not use one of the "BOOK NOW" buttons on your home page rather than the text, put it where you entered your new text description. To do this go to Widgets and save one of the buttons by right-clicking it and saving. Copy the file to your home page on your server. Then replace the text in the [SQUARE BRACKETS] in the widget HTML code with the new destination of the of the button file (mine is http:/ /www.bournemouthselfcatering. com/btn2.png). Once you've done this copy the new HTML code and paste it into the placeholder where you want it to appear on your website page. See my example:-
Thanks for the useful info yet again! I will go back for round 2 tomorrow. Watch this space!
limousin-cottage

wallypott wrote:I have spent the better part of a day battling with this. I don't find it particularly obvious to use and they don't use quite the same terminology. My plan was to add it to my facebook page. I ended up having to ring cause I got stuck, only to be told that you can only link one property to a facebook page. I'm not at all sure what to do with this info as I have three, and certainly don't want another couple of facebook pages as I have already got two (one for each business). Ho hum what to do!

I dont get the part about units available, but still maybe something will dawn on my eventually. Anyone give me any clarity please?
At last! Thank goodness someone else is finding it difficult too! I did put it on my Facebook page too - not sure how successfully. If you follow Essars instructions step by step it begins to make sense.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I tried it for my own propery but as the property is in Spain the telephone number defaults to 0034 and I am in the uk....so didn't get past the first page really. Emailed them to see if that was correct, they said yes, asked if there was a way around it but no reply...
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

I'm trying to do my beachhouse which is 6 beds sleeps 12. No option for houses about 5 bedrooms and the sleeps choices are 14 or 20, which doesn't really help me and seems like quite an odd choice.
Essar

Post by Essar »

When you first set up in FTB you need to make sure that you contact them to ensure that your properties have been set up as self-catering. Remember the system was originally written for hotels and the s/c version is slightly different.

The terminology is somewhat different- units refer to the number of rooms/suites in a property (hotel or b&b) with a s/c it refers to a single property only. However, if you had a complex with say 3 or 4 s/c gites/villas/cottages you could refer to each individually as a unit within a single property. So, if you have three properties; under "Units" you would have 3 units available for FTB to book.

roxytoo
Contact them by telephone, I found that they are very helpful or go to "Feedback" and choose "Issues" - fill in the form, they are quick to respond.