Which PIMs is best for me?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
rosebud

Which PIMs is best for me?

Post by rosebud »

I am about to set up a website to advertise my cottage.

Which version of PIMs do you recommend? I have short lets outside the summer months. Is is a great disadvantage not to have the more expensive version of PIMS that calculates rates for short breaks? Is there an easy way to do this myself if I have the Lite version?
Yorkshire Lass

Post by Yorkshire Lass »

I started with PIMS this year and it has been a godsend. I don't have a version which automatically calculates short breaks for me but as you can manually amend this very easily I haven't found it to be a problem - you just have to remember to do this (which I'm sure you would). It might be better starting on 'Lite' and then think about upgrading if you think it necessary at a later date. I would highly recommend it by the way!
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

www.kingshousescarborough.com
www.facebook.com/scarboroughholidaycottage
www.sandsendpavilion.co.uk
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Calculating non-standard rates is not a problem. I use PIMS Gold (I think that's what it's called?) but out of season we'll take short breaks that don't fit our standard short break periods, so I calculate a rate. I just go to the PIMS Rate Settings, take the full week rate for the period and multiply it by whatever factor I choose. Stick that number in the rate box on the main form, check the "fix" box, job done. From now on, the rate you've chosen will be the one that gets inserted into emails etc.

PIMS is generally very flexible; as simple as you want it to be, but implementing the flexibility doesn't need a degree in rocket science.
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

You can knock up something on Excel that will do the job and it gives you the flexibility to pick and choose percentages.

The system we use is The Rates Tool.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting