Xmas enquiry

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Partridge

Xmas enquiry

Post by Partridge »

I've just had my first enquiry from OD 9 days after registering, so that's good but...

It is for Xmas. I would value your feedback as I am aware that I probably under sell our apartment (mainly because I am paranoid about people being unhappy) but do not know if I want a Xmas booking or not.

Personally I have found the apt too cold in January even with the air con on heat mode, it's not freezing by any means but doesn't seem to warm the lower half of the apt brilliantly ie cold feet, warm body, lol. We have a blanket for winter use and I have not been uncomfortable in bed in January but am aware lots of people use duvets. I have quoted a price that I'm sure will cover excess heating and the lady sounded very 'proper' wanting somewhere quiet anyway. I think they may be pretty hardy seeing as she said they holiday in Wales quite alot and would don a wetsuit and swim in the sea :shock:

Anyway, my question is should I be far more laid back about this and should I carry on pointing out 'negatives', I'm getting my knickers in a bit of a twist here :?
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Untwist ! it's not healthy :lol: Worse for blokes though. Anyway, undergarments aside...you have pointed out negatives, don't sell yourself short! Be honest, that's all. If they want to book, fine,they'll probably have a lovely time. :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
gh

Post by gh »

Fraise is quite right, you've been honest so they know what to expect. We had a Christmas week booking last year and like you; we were not sure to take it or not. We priced it high to cover our heating and log costs, went well.

Left them a bottle of the local bubbly under a small Christmas tree.
Marion

Post by Marion »

In my first year I wasn't sure if I wanted to rent out over the winter. We do have electric radiatiors but in the living area which is a very large room there is only one. I bought a portable electric one that also doubles as a ventilation fan in summer and I have had no complaints since. It also only heats for a timed period from 30 minutes to 2 hours, so cannot be left running all the time.

I also point out that guests should take slippers as the floor is tiled. I also put down small runners (£12 from Ikea) by the bed and the sofa. We do not have heavy curtains. I felt this added expense was worth it as, although there is a little more electricity consumed, I like the place to be occupied once in a while in winter to keep it 'aired'.

We once went to Venice at the end of October. It was quite cold with a biting wind. The apartment was supposed to have heating but it didn't work! A portable electric heater would have been cheaper than the gas rings we had on to keep the place even mildly warm!
No need to go far to shop 'til you drop - just go next door to Chanel. http://rueparadis.monsite.wanadoo.fr/
Vally

Post by Vally »

I don't think ( IMHO) that if your appt. isn't equipped for winter lets you should let it, if you have "snagged" it yourselves and don't feel the heating is right for winter it won't be right for winter guests, even with extra heaters its is not going to be satifactory. our hotel ( totally granite) is much too cold /tooooo costly to let during the winter just not worth the hassle.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Thanks for your feedback.

I totally take on board your point Vally, that if it is too cold for me then it should be too cold for guests but that is my dilema really. I know lots of other apt owners who are quite happy and some that feel the same as me, for example my hub thinks I'm potty and is perfectly warm enough.

There are basically 2 schools of thought, one which says as long as you are honest because what may not suit one does not mean it wouldn't suit another and the other which is preclude potential guests altogether according to your own likes and dislikes. It's just that I can't decide which school I belong in :roll:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm