'Dealmakers' - how to tip the balance in your favour

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If I ever realise my dream of living there permanently, I think it's a service I would consider offering myself, but only to our guests.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Absolutely Helen, we only do it for our own guests. We don't make enough money on it for it to be a viable business proposition on its own but if it makes the guests have a better holiday then it is worth it.

Actually I mainly do it because I enjoy cooking!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I have discovered this morning that she is in New Zealand for the Summer, but I do have an email for her there, so wil try again, no rush though.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,
I know this was an old post but just found it.... :roll:

All great ideas... :lol:

I hope it doesnt sound nit picking Paolo but as I work with kids and have got used to all the new restrictions and regulations,
Im a bit concerned about the Babysitting that might be offered.......Especially if it would be you[the house owner] recommending someone....Just makes me feel a bit uneasy .....
Maybe its a sign of the times[what a shame] :cry:
I wonder what other forum users think
Sorry to sound like a party pooper and I know it would be a great service to provide,but there could be drawbacks..

Banksie,
[quoteOur dilemma is wishing we could spend as much time in our flat as the people who rent it but if we did we wouldn't be able to rent it!][/quote]

Exactly how I feel...People say how can you let people rent your Lovely houses in Torrevieja doesnt it worry you.. :cry: .
I say There not our houses there theirs . If they didnt rent them we wouldnt be able to have bought them....But they let us rent them for free...... :lol:
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Ros wrote: I say There not our houses there theirs . If they didnt rent them we wouldnt be able to have bought them....But they let us rent them for free...... :lol:
What a great quote - I will have to remember that one and use it myself because it sums up our situation exactly! (well, for the next 12 years anyway....)

Regarding the earlier part of your post about regulations re: babysitting, this had never occurred to me, and I think it is such a sad reflection of the world (or should I say the country) we live in today. I totally agree that we have to protect the child (I have two myself), but I do think that like most other aspects of this nanny state called Britain that we have swung too far.

Are the rules and regulations so stringent in other parts of the world? I'd be interested to hear what goes on elsewhere if anyone has any info. But I think that this needs a new thread so I am starting one in the Managing Your Guests section of this forum...
Last edited by Normandy Cow on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

If the rules are as strict here in Italy, then it isn't at all obvious. I have taught in middle school and at a summer camp here (ages 8 to 15) and there were no questions at all about my suitability to look after children - I must admit I found it a bit strange. If my understanding is correct, in the UK I would have to undergo police checks etc.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Clexane wrote:Couple of additional optional services we offer other than those already mentioned include:

Mountain bikes x 2 This is a real hit and cost virtually nothing. Our area is fantastic for riding in the fields and forests so this really is a winner and bikes are something that are very difficult to travel with.
I'd like to leave bikes at our place too, but we wondered whether the maintenance of them is a problem - in your experience do guests look after them? No good having the last guest leave them with flat tyre, busted brakes or bent wheels etc. I don't want our agent to have to add them to his checklist. Presumably you have found that people do look after them then, or do you have someone who can give them a look over every so often to make sure they are OK? (or do you live on site?)
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......