Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

now trying a Local Awareness ad on Facebook

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tavi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: now trying a Local Awareness ad on Facebook Reply with quote

According to FB insights - 79% of the people near my business (150m radius) using FB in the last week are TOURISTS. Of course, as to be expected.

Usually when I target my FB ads I try to avoid local people/businesses for the obvious reason that they're not holiday makers.

So, I'm trying an ad targeting people up to a 3km radius of my property. It's called a Local awareness ad. Hopefully it will be shown to tourists when they use FB?

Trouble is I can't EXCLUDE residents.

Still, worth a try for €2 a day for 7 days?

Cool Confused
Casscat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The proof of the pudding and all that. Has to be worth a punt. I think a high percentage of summer holidaymakers spend a great deal of their summer holiday online scouting options for the following year's summer holiday!! Laughing
tavi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casscat wrote:
The proof of the pudding and all that. Has to be worth a punt. I think a high percentage of summer holidaymakers spend a great deal of their summer holiday online scouting options for the following year's summer holiday!! Laughing

That's my thinking too Cass.

My only doubt is the targeting info on FB is a little ambiguous. It's not clear (when targeting those in a 3km radius) whether I'm being shown to the tourists, or those who live here, or both.

Got two new page likes, most people are on a mobile device, according to FB.

Gawd knows what it all means....lol Smile Confused
Nemo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience, it will target people who check in at local places, so that will be a good proportion of tourists. After my holiday in the US I got all sorts of sponsored posts from local businesses, all completely irrelevant to me as they were targeted at residents. I think targeting tourists might work very well though if they like the area and want to return.
tavi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By coincidence, Nemo, I was just looking at the advert report...

A quick glance says it's been shown to about 2.5k people, vast majority on mobile devices, age group 25-44 This means all the people sitting at the pavement cafes in the hot nights this weekend (and watching the football ahah)

Got 8 new page likes and 22 people clicked the "get directions" button.

Most of the new page likers don't live in the area (judging from those whose FB pages I can view)...which must mean they're on holiday here.

All very interesting but...... oh for the days when all you had to do was list on OD Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Social media All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: