Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Stripe and PMP

Handling rental enquiries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sammy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Stripe and PMP Reply with quote

Has anyone had success in adding Stripe payments to their PMP website?

It's something I have been thinking about for a while, but wondered if anyone else has used it?

Thanks
NeatandPicky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Stripe via WaveApps but it's not integrated with my PMP website. I have an online booking form on a website page that's not on the menu. I send the link after enquiry conversation.

I have template invoices set up in WaveApps for deposit, balance and security bond, which I can send with a couple of clicks when payments are required.

All new systems, but as I only have one property, manageable and working fine.
Nemo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not answering the question but this thread is useful. I planned to integrate Stripe into my site (wordpress not pmp) but it was impossible without technical help, and more money that it was worth me paying. I've plumped for Wave; it's not integrated, but if a guest wishes to pay by credit card I simply invoice them. Wave is powered by Stripe and a really good entry level product for accepting credit card payments, although I have yet to receive my first payment via it as everyone is continuing to pay me by bank transfer in the main. Smile
http://www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26301
Dotty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got Stripe via Wave too. Its free to do it like this, just pay the % on each transaction.

I can't integrate this onto my PMP website. I have to send out an invoice once someone books with a link for them to pay by cc.

If you want to integrate a PMP site with stripe I think you have to go via FreeToBook. Freetobook itself is free (I have that set up for on-line bookings from my PMP site), but the stripe facility is an extra with an annual charge (of about 100 I think) and the % on each transaction. I don't know how easy it actually is to set up though as I chose Wave instead.

Otherwise I think that the PMP site doesn't support the security needed for you to integrate stripe independently.
Sam V

Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've set up Wave/Stripe and have now had two successful payments. I use PMP and PIMS and detail my payment options in my enquiry email. For cc payments I request that they need to email me a request to pay by cc for the invoice, which I find quick to fill in and send. I include the wave fees in their payment per transaction. I calculate the fees and add them to the invoice and record/add as a 'surcharge' in their PIMS booking.

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
kevsboredagain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stripe needs to run on a SSL page, which I guess would rule out PMP. Just guessing.

I've implemented Stripe on a couple of websites now, where a single page could be made secure but ran into problems with Wordpress, unless the whole site was made secure. The only practical solution I could see was to make the payment page separate to Wordpress.

Waveapps works well though and looks professional.
AndrewH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevsboredagain wrote:
I've implemented Stripe on a couple of websites now ...

One of them was mine. It works a treat (touch wood) and I have lost count now of the number of Stripe payments I have received.
Handling rental enquiries