TA/HL Bookings growing as OD/HA decline

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

rosebud wrote:Does anyone have both subscription and commission?
You can't be on both with HL, either you pay them for an advert (subscription) or you don't (commission) Only Owners' Direct have introduced the astonishing "Pay us for an advert and we'll charge commission as well" model.
hayesbeachhouse

Best UK Websites to list on?

Post by hayesbeachhouse »

Hi all,

I own two successful holiday rental properties on the South Coast of Australia and I am trying to help my mum who has a holiday rental property in the Shetland Islands. I'd really appreciate some advice on the best websites to list on as I am not familiar with the UK market.

She has her property listed on airbnb, Homeaway, Tripadvisor and visit scotland. She gets a few bookings but probably isn't booking out more than 50 nights a year. I've gone through and helped her fix up her listing descriptions and get professional photos done.

I was wondering if there are other websites worth listing with? Most of her bookings come via airbnb with the odd one via HL & Homeaway. We looked at holiday cottages but were put off by the number of conditions in the contract.
Living the legend of the free beach house!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OD/HA charge the guest the commission, not the owner on a subscription listing.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hayesbeachhouse - you need to start your own thread, not piggyback on this one.
hayesbeachhouse

Post by hayesbeachhouse »

Nemo wrote:Hayesbeachhouse - you need to start your own thread, not piggyback on this one.
Sorry I thought it was a logical thread to ask the question on given the topic and the fact that everyone on this thread is from the uk. I'll add it as a new thread.
Living the legend of the free beach house!