breakfast

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
sylvainbg

breakfast

Post by sylvainbg »

Hi

What is the best option if I want to offer breakfast as extra for booking.com and other platforms?

Will I pay commission on it?

Best Regards
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Yes, BC charge commission. You could raise the price of your breakfast on BC to cover the commission, however I have to say I haven't. It does grate a little that BC do this (it amounts to a large percentage of our profit margin that they take), but on the other side, having the breakfast option probably does bring us in more business on the site,and raising the breakfast price by a euro takes our breakfast out of the 'very good value' range and into just, 'okay'. Besides, only about 50% of our BC guests book it in advance, the rest book it on arrival.
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

I saw one other place has in the writing that they can offer breakfast if ask one day before (so I guess no commission on this case).
CSE

Post by CSE »

Yes they do charge commission on any extras you want to ask for.
However several things to think about.
Where can guest get a breakfast near you?
Are those choices going to be pleasantly?
Not offering a breakfast can you call your business a B&B?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_and_breakfast
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

They have small restaurant for breakfast that are around 1 kilometer from our place. If we offer a breakfast it will something not complex as we don't have so much time.

It has already happened that I got booking canceled after I said that we can't offer breakfast
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

I want to give an example of place that do how I was thinking to offer:

"http://www.booking.com/hotel/se/slussen ... tal;ucfs=1&"

You can see in the description and it's said Breakfast SEK 80 but you can't select any place during the booking so how will the place pay commission on it?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Have to take the comment back about commission. Just had a look at some in our area that do charge for breakfast. That price is not in the total price is its not included in the final price. So they cannot charge commission for it.
On the other hand we looked into allowing guests to reserve evening meal and was informed that Booking charged commission on top of our prices. We could not accept that.
Those that do not charge for breakfast get a nice green label on the listing to say so. :wink:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

I agree but the green label is if the breakfast is included in the price not as an option.

It's seems that optional breakfast are not charged commission, thanks again for your help. I have now to think what we will offer and how.