Homeaway payment instructions to guests ?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
dado1977

Homeaway payment instructions to guests ?

Post by dado1977 »

dear colleagues owners
So i have some questions about Fewo direkt/Homeaway
I am in rental business over 15 years so i am familiar with all important websites and i can say i am not beginner in this business. But i never experienced such confusion and awful unprofessional support service from one web site.
So my problem is i do nto know what to say to guests when they ask me about payment :) I can not belive that some professional web site can make such confusion in booking administration. Nobody know what to do ?! Guests asks me each day who they pay and from owner "support" each day i get new information.
As i have offline payments and paid advert, today they told me guests pay all to me and somehow they shold pay service fee to the Homeaweay.
So can you tell me what do you do when guests ask you about payment ?

I can not describe you how I am frustrated with this web site but unfortunately we have to work with them as we have lot of Germans and i really hope that guests will transfer to some other web site so we all forgot they ever existed..
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Yes it's a problem with German guests who often don't have a credit or debit card to pay the service fee. There are other threads about this on the forum if you do a search.

I have provided bank details for my rental fee via the HA messaging system in the past, and then just marked the payment as paid in the HA dashboard. HA didn't get their service fee but that's their problem if they can't provide a payment method other than credit card.

Not sure if they will now block bank details in messages - if so you could try uploading an attachment with the details instead?