Repeated questions on advertising

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
GillianF

Repeated questions on advertising

Post by GillianF »

We don't have a heated pool. We do have Wifi and, generally, it's very steady and reliable.

We constantly (it seems) get enquiries "Can I just ask if the pool is heated. Does the house have Wifi?" The latest enquiry even added "Does the house have Wifi. We know this sort of thing is pretty patchy in France."

Drives me mad!

If we had a heated pool we would tick the "Heated Pool" box in the advertising and mention it ......... and be charging more for it.

As the house has Wifi we tick the box "Wifi".

I suppose it just underlines the fact that nobody reads anything, anywhere, anymore ................
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The last-minute ones are the funniest, you know, when the final throes of packing are being crammed into suitcases and somebody says "Ooh, do I need a hairdrier?" You've already covered this one - twice - but sure enough, there's that last-minute call or text . . .

'Twas ever thus, final-call brain fade.

Mols :wink:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Its just holiday brain kicking early, its easier to ask someone than read through the advert to find the answer.
teapot

Post by teapot »

I think people look at so many ads before booking their imagination just takes over. I loved the enquirers (UK) who ask about heated pool in the middle of August bookings.
We run into the pool to cool off!
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

You are certainly right that nobody reads anything. Our housebook is full of info about places to visit etc (done so it is easy to read) but they still give me blank looks when I mention a place to visit and suggest they look again in the housebook for info and ideas. The first thing they do when they arrive is to rush down and ask for the wifi code which, of course, is in the housebook but far easier to come downstairs to ask us. Sometimes I think I should write "have only written this for the fun of it"!!!!!!!!
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Dusty wrote:Its just holiday brain kicking early, its easier to ask someone than read through the advert to find the answer.

It is not just about what information is supplied but also when: For example

A potential renter needs to know that the place has a hair-dryer as it is on their "must have before I book" list. Then several months later when they actually pack the question arises whether or not to pack a hair-dryer . By then the advert has long lost its interest and the information pack is in the rental place so not accessible (assuming they actually bothered to read it!). Therefore they contact to ask the questions.

Somebody needs to create an algorithm which pre empts not just what questions renters ask but also when. Then it can be programmed to let them know about the heated pool (and the supplied swimming towels) when they enquire but only about the provision of swimming towels as they pack a few days before arrival.

The heated pool can be a reminder if the weather turns chilly on the first day - maybe?

Anyone prepare to give it a go?

VT
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

all our advertising & my emails for gites & B&B says large pool (17x10metres) with photos etc, also tennis court etc etc. Have lost track how many times B&B guests arrive & say 'Oh didn't know you had a pool'.. & am constantly lending tennis racquets as no-one noticed we had a tennis court.....drives me mad........
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Exactly Petitbois.

I presume that if they ask about a heated pool it is because they consider it important or a 'must have'. Do they think we wouldn't mention it (a LOT) in our advertising and/or we have it but don't let on and are incredibly cheap compared to properties that do have it.

So, they find out we have no heated pool and book - or not.

I too marvel at the guests who pull into the courtyard and ask "Where is the pool?" It is right in front of them and although not close it is visible. I'd love to have the courage to glance around in a puzzled fashion and say "The pool? Yes. Now let me think where we've put it this week. Oh yes, it's over there, I think I see it - all blue and wet!"
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

GillianF - need a like button - you made me smile......
teapot

Post by teapot »

petitbois wrote:GillianF - need a like button - you made me smile......
+1 but a bit more than a smile, a snigger :lol:
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
Tournesol

Repeated questions

Post by Tournesol »

We have (I think) clear maps and photos showing how to get to us on our B.com listing but we still get people phoning from outside the Mairie or the church to ask us where we are or pulling into next door's car park instead of ours!
You would think they would notice if they had looked at the photos that it is not the same house!
What you've never had you never miss!