Chèques de vacances

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
limousin-cottage

Chèques de vacances

Post by limousin-cottage »

Bonjour à tous et à toutes, à question on chèques de vacances. I have just been asked whether we accept them. Do any of you French owners accept them, and does it work well? Thanks.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

We are registered with ANCV (you can't cash the cheques without being registered) but after 3 years of accepting them, we've just made the decision to stop for the following reasons:

1) Whether we accept them or not has no bearing on our booking rates.
2) You can't cash less than 200€ worth without a financial penalty which proved awkward for us during low season when we were presented with a small amount after we had cashed the summer bundle and were left with 170€ worth of cvs hanging around for up to 9 months... at a time when we could really have done with the money in our account.
3) The biggie for us... they are a total faff to process and for that pleasure, ANCV take their percentage of 1.5%. The bank takes 1.5% as well to process card payments, but I don't have to do anything for that - 2 minutes work and the money appears in my account within 24 hours. With Cheque de Vacances, I almost invariably get 10€ cheques, because that's how the majority are distributed... last year it was just over 1100€ worth of 10€ cheques, about 10 cheques for 20€ and one lone 50€ cheque. So, a total in the region of 125 cheques, all of which had to have their awkward stub torn off and stored securely, each one filled in with our name and address and then taken to the post office to be sent off. The last lot of money arrived 2 months later.

Perhaps others will disagree, but I would say if you've managed to get by without accepting them so far, don't bother with them.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I get asked a lot but don't take them
limousin-cottage

Well that’s made up my mind then! :D Not worth the hassle. Thanks guys.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I've been asked several times, but it hasn't made any difference, they've all still booked.
limousin-cottage

Hells Bells wrote:I've been asked several times, but it hasn't made any difference, they've all still booked.
Thanks Hells Bells