Cerfa 12465 01

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
AnneP

Cerfa 12465 01

Post by AnneP »

Hell all
I have received the above form to complete. It concerns Taxe d'Habitation. On our plot we have two buildings; one is our house and the other is a barn converted into two gites. The form relates to the gites.

I have a couple of questions and before I go down the route of trailing into St Lo, finding a parking spot and seeing if I can get help from the impots I thought I would ask here.

It states that the last occupant is EX* GITE. The asterisk suggests that there is a corresponding note on the form-I can't find one. So why does it say ex gite?

There are various tick boxes to select; I am looking for a box that says holiday let.....all I can see is a line saying 'le local est vacant et meuble/non meuble, followed by Motif de la vacance. Is this the part I tick? And what does it mean by motif de la vacance?

There is an accompanying note stating that supportive evidence must be attached but it doesn't state what evidence.

I am so confused and hope there is someone here who has received a similar document and can point me in the right direction!

[/list]
AnneP

Post by AnneP »

I ought to add that we have been running as gites for 6 years and this is the first time I have received such a form. We are registered at the Mairie, pay TdS, and I am registered as ME.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Anne,

I am afraid I can't help except to provide some moral support. We also got this form, a few years ago now (we've been running our gites for 5 years so its probably 3 years ago). I couldn't fully understand what it was asking for and, rather than risk getting it wrong and paying the penalty, I went to our local prefecture and talked it through with them and they were most helpful. A bit of a pain I know but worth it in the long run.

Sorry I can't be more help, good luck
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

We also received our first of these 3 years ago (from the Tax office): they seem to send them alternate years. Ours also has EX* before our name, for 'Nom du dernier occupant connu'...not sure of the significance.

I contacted them when we got the first one, as they'd doubled the superficie of the studio. They acknowledged and said they'd corrected it...however this year's still showing the same sq.m, so I've written to them asking if they've been overcharging, and if so, for how many years! :twisted:

But I did wish them Joyeux Paques... :)

We're 'marked' as we won a court case against them a few years ago (the judges' summing up makes great reading...) However, they're quick to try to impose penalties etc, even if the fault's at their end...I persevere, but I KNOW they're out to get me (It's not paranoia) !
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

We're 'marked' as we won a court case against them a few years ago (the judges' summing up makes great reading...) However, they're quick to try to impose penalties etc, even if the fault's at their end...I persevere, but I KNOW they're out to get me (It's not paranoia) !

Are you sure ?
Sarkosy was sure he had covered all his tracks.......
What would Plato do ?
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

AnneP, sorry, can't exactly point you in the right direction except to say be careful and try to get advice from someone impartial.

Back in 1974 I screwed up with my British sense of fair play and after renovating my derelict farmhouse followed by renovating the second attached derelict house into a gite, I filled in the various forms with the correct information, correct floor areas, correct facilities etc. I discovered later I was paying twice as much in the taxe foncière & habitation than the largest property in the area and three times as much as the nearest equivalent property.

I spoke to my French friends and neighbours and was basically told that I had been an idiot in being too precise when I filled in the forms, but unfortunately there was no going back because if I had objected I was being over charged, they would have asked to come and check if the information I had given was correct or not.

Some of the French I know, laugh at the British (including me) at being too fair and then being penalised for their efforts when tax 'mitigation' is a way of life with them.
Honi soit qui peu y boit