Travel Insurance

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
chipiechoo

Travel Insurance

Post by chipiechoo »

Would be ever so grateful if anybody could recommend a company that will insure an expat age 71 no health issues (touch wood) permanent residence in France for a 2 week trip to the USA. Having difficulty with the crazy prices and being non UK based.
Appreciate any suggestions.
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

we use Globelink Annual Travel Insurance - just over 100pounds/yr for 2 over 60s in good health. Staysure is another which offers annual insurance to Uk citizens living overseas
chipiechoo

Post by chipiechoo »

Thank you petitbois I shall look into both the companies you suggest and I very much your suggestions. Though I do not need annual cover, this is just a one off trip for family reasons as I dislike the country and hope to never need visit it again.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We got travel insurance from our bank. Our daughter has a slight disability and they didn't charge anything extra for her either.
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

we only do the one trip per year currently, but went with it as had problems getting French Insurance companies to quote & when they did the premium was ridiculous, so we went back to our old Trailfinders annual Insuarnce cover when they booked a trip to South Africa for us a few years back, then found Globelink was even cheaper.....