Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Ironing services

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendalcottages

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Ironing services Reply with quote

Dear All

Can anyone recommend a good quality (and affordable) ironing service in the UK?

Of course, if it's local to me (south Cumbria), then so much the better... but not against a national operation if it can fulfil our needs - just wondering what is out there as I would like to give my wife a break! Smile

Thanks

Paul
LotBoy47

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much ironing are we talking about?

We invested in one of the Miele rotary irons as we have 3 gites worth of bedding to iron. Herself reckons the Miele takes 10% of the effort and 25% of the time of doing it manually.

You probably wont need the 3 powerful cooling fans we do unless you also do the ironing on 40 days.
Sandra J

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a commercial laundry company who could provide the washing and ironing service or even offer linen hire. After 8 years of washing and ironing myself I now use a commercial laundry who can provide linen hire cheaper than washing your own bedding and towels. Wish Id done it years ago. Very competitive prices as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> UK & Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: