PIMS alternative

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Crossways

PIMS alternative

Post by Crossways »

Hi, I am looking for a similar alternative to the free PIMS calendar which is closing next October.

Many thanks
newtimber

Re: PIMS alternative

Post by newtimber »

If you're listing on more than one OTA (booking.com,airbnb etc) then you really need to have a proper booking system with full API integration rather than just a calendar so that you have instant up-to-date availability and no chance of double bookings that can happen with iCal. You have really good reviews and a beautiful home, but your website doesn't do it justice at all.
Perran

Re: PIMS alternative

Post by Perran »

I too am looking for an alternative to PIMS having used it since 2015, I see Bookalet is mentioned as a possible replacement.

I did try Bookalet back then when I was starting out, but I didn't like it. That said having looked at it again for the first time since then, it seems to have moved on quite a bit. What didn't suit me back then was the availability calendar display, so I decided to use an availability calendar called Brolmo, which was free when I joined. That too has moved on a lot and now charges $2.42 a month but does offer a 7 day trial, it was free when I first used it. They also seem to do booking software but I have yet to explore it and see if it would be any good for me.
A Perran