2007 Bookings Down? A rental site owner's view.

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

GG
Glad your heating is fixed at last!
Saturday - Saturday changovers are not ideal for fixing problems even if you live on site, as we are usually too busy cleaning and there are no tradespeople available who work anyway (unless you know a man who can.) However, living on site means that people tend to inform you of problems straight away so that you can get things fixed during their stay. I do sympathise!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ros wrote:OOOhhhh not the same ones though eh....gasc.....Image
Yes - they had to be surgically removed Ros. :oops:

Thanks Susan - it's having a warm bathroom again that I'll enjoy the most! We've got soft over the years haven't we!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Gascony Goat wrote:
Thanks Susan - it's having a warm bathroom again that I'll enjoy the most! We've got soft over the years haven't we!
Yes - when I was a poor student in Bristol, living in a centrally heated house was unheard of! We had a gas heater each in our bedroom and one in the living area (if there was one) and there was often ice on the inside of the windows on cold winter mornings. It's no wonder so much time was spent at the Pub!
Stu

Post by Stu »

Off topic I know (I blame Ros), but..speaking of cold...working away, I stayed in my caravan much of the time. One particulary nasty winter a mate of mine (thinning of hair) fell asleep during the night to wake in the morning with his hair frozen to the wall of the caravan. His son who worked with him usually did the necessaries with the gas bottle regulator to unfreeze it. The secret was to take a sock, pee on it and apply to the frozen parts...

When his dad screamed at him to help unfreeze his head from the caravan wall, he came running, dripping wet sock in hand...