Management software

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
genie

Management software

Post by genie »

Hi I was just wondering whether anyone users a software package to manage there property, if so which one? To me it seems rather confusing to have bits of paper laying around while you are learning the ropes. Obviously I am very new to the renting market and have no one to ask there advice, Its hardly something that you have to learn by trial and error.
:?
debk

Post by debk »

Several of us use Rentalbot. It's cheap, easy to setup and simple to use. Define your own list of "to do"s (mail final payment reminder, schedule cleaner, mail maps, send final checkin email, whatever) and Rentalbot will email you a reminder at the right time for each reservation. Heaven.

There are a couple of other packages, including some that take online bookings if that interests you. I think Helen uses something like this? (Sorry if I'm wrong on that one, Helen.)

Hopefully, you'll soon be saying goodbye to those post-its and scraps of paper!

Happy renting,
debk
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I only started renting out from this January and after the first couple of bookings started to panic about my bits of paper all over the place.

I now use a folder with pockets for each lot of guests, a tick list of things to do/letters sent at the front of it and have put all my letters into word documents to email (just having to fill in final details like dates/cost etc. I then use my yahoo calender to remind me when I have to do things. I THINK it is all organised now ... I'll let you know at the end of the year :roll:

Alison
gpck

Post by gpck »

alifrank1 wrote:I only started renting out from this January and after the first couple of bookings started to panic about my bits of paper all over the place.

I now use a folder with pockets for each lot of guests, a tick list of things to do/letters sent at the front of it and have put all my letters into word documents to email (just having to fill in final details like dates/cost etc. I then use my yahoo calender to remind me when I have to do things. I THINK it is all organised now ... I'll let you know at the end of the year :roll:

Alison
Your system sounds very similar to ours - and it works!!! :wink:
gpck
genie

My thanks.

Post by genie »

Thanks to you all for replying, I thought that I was the only one with bits of paper all over the place. Thanks debk, have had a look at Rentalbot it could be the one, however am very interested in the package that Helen uses if its good enough for her its good enough for me. :wink:
alifrank1

Re: My thanks.

Post by alifrank1 »

genie wrote:however am very interested in the package that Helen uses if its good enough for her its good enough for me. :wink:
Have I missed something :roll: What do you use Helen?
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Sorry, I always chip in to topics like this: I was up to my neck in scraps of paper a couple of years ago and decided to write my own software for managing the rental properties, enquiries etc.

None of you guys are using it so far, but you can download and try it out free. Just click below. And do give me some feedback. Thanks.

**Amendment Jan 09**
Aaagh - i forgot I've changed the links on my signature. The link for Holiday Rentals Desk is www.prgrancanaria.com/hrd
Last edited by Ben McNevis on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Helen may be away skiing this week. I think she uses:

holiday-bookings-online.com

I signed up - very helpful outfit, good support, but there was some basic feature with the invoicing (as with anything out there) which it couldn't handle at the time (Credit cards PayPal only? Payments direct to our bank account?) and we needed - must check and see if it's been added as development was ongoing.

Ben's system is good as well, but at the time admin wasn't web-based, which is essential for us - correct me if I'm wrong on all this.

MG