telephone in the house

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
tansy

telephone in the house

Post by tansy »

I've just been to France Telecome to get a phone line in each house...calls can come in - but a card is needed to dial out - I've bought a load so have them in stock if anyone wants to buy one on arrival....otherwise it's anywhere to buy a card.

I think it's 14 Euros per month for the line rental...if the house is closed we can have the line switched off and no cost is incurred.

Problem is that it is 2 different cards - one for local calls and one for International calls.

Has anyone used this system to dial up a provider for internet access i.e. put the code in first to get a line then the dial code to hook up - did it work - is it complicated?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I believe we had someone use this method last year... but I never heard anything about it. I guess that means it must have worked! However, beyond that I have no details...
Brooke
jnorris42

Free!!

Post by jnorris42 »

I've just made it an ordinary phone line - you can always check their usage online and deduct it if you wish. But I like to keep all charges included - so I advertise phone (which is essential for emergencies and really nice that they can phone home or book a meal locally) and internet (nobody has ever used that - but it looks good!)
Normandy Granny

Post by Normandy Granny »

Did you know that in France for no cost, you can use the phone keypad to restrict phone usage to local calls/emergencies only? There is a choice of 8 or 9 options from no outgoing calls to free usage wherever.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

What?

You mean we could turn this feature on and off as we see fit from the phone?

How does one do this?
Brooke
Normandy Granny

Post by Normandy Granny »

It certainly does mean this Brooke! This link (hopefully) should work and lead you to the correct site...

http://www.agence.francetelecom.com/vf/ ... /index.htm

Because our cottage is in a valley, mobile phones don't work very well. I have chosen the options for emergency and local calls only.

If anyone staying is, say, househunting, or asks for access to national/international calls, I change the code via the keypad, and offer these calls on a repayment basis after the first 10 euros.

(excuse hour of posting - I've had to get up as my dog has thrown up... yuk yuk yuk!!!)
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Thank you for that info! :)

And good luck with your dog. Our cats seem to throw up about once every 10 days... must be the hairballs. I wish I knew how to prevent it.
Brooke