Photos

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

La Vache wrote:they aren't fat
Ha Ha LOL They were when I first stretched the photo!!! :lol: :lol:

I first stretched the photo, then "cloned out" the now very-fat sunbathers.
I then copied them back in from the original photo.

Now, the question is, is this trickery too far? i.e. if someone turned up on that beach, could they say that the photo was a false representation???

Paul - I used to be a great fan of Paint Shop Pro, but I defected (to Photoshop Elements) purely because everyone else that I knew was already using Photoshop. They are both very good products, but if you already have PS Elements then I would suggest you stick with it. My opinion anyway. Maybe the latest PSP is the must-have.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Firstly, thats brilliant NC.... I acknowledge the superior artist :D

Paul, I have used PaintShop for many years and only recently acquired PhotoShop Elements, so "the one that you know best is the best one to use" is my adage here.

Trying to be objective, they have very similar feature sets. I find PhotoShop painfully slow to load and burns up cpu so tend to only use it for some specialized techniques or when I need to prepare files for print media, not web. However, whenever I have the patience to start up Photoshop and actually use it, I am slowly getting to like it more and more.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

e-richard wrote: Trying to be objective, they have very similar feature sets.
One thing I really liked about PSP is the way you can lay out a whole set of images for printing on an A4 page very easily. I've never worked out whether or how you can do this in Photoshop, so I always end up going the long way round by copying and pasting them into a word or Powerpoint document, which is a real bind, and for this reason alone I would still occasionally open up Paint Shop (but only to print images already manipulated in Photoshop).

I know it is a real bind having to go back to square one (i.e. learning Photoshop) when you are already comfortable with another product (i.e. PSP) - but stick with it, I do believe that Photoshop is the better product.