HELP!! Need to choose new pool colour urgently!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

We have a white liner, which gives a pale blue effect. The rules on what you can/can't do are very strict in our area (St. Emilion) and, yes, white is the only colour allowed. No idea why..is it for the visual comfort of airline passengers jetting into the region?
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,

I asked a friend today about 'sand' coloured pools. As he is a frequent visitor to southern states of the US, he mentioned that earthy colours are very popular there and with modern designs using stone, granite, etc, he was very impressed. Maybe googling pool designs in the US might throw up something useful.

Maria
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I'd go with RR and suggest white - friends of ours have that and it does give a nice subtle colour, but then I've never seen sandy coloured pools.
The concrete ones here they have I don't like, but they do look more natural.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Well ours is in white tiles, and looks very natural (imho!) - and we have some dark-green banding on the edge of the steps.

The blue is the natural refraction of the water in daylight, and I think it looks appealing.

Moliere
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Agree Mols! Mine's so pale in colour I guess it could be perceived as white - and although I love the look of pools, whether blue or white/cream/sand ones, the colour (we didn't put our pool in) looks right somehow for the countryside situation.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Giddy Goat wrote:
Alan Knighting wrote:whereas a pale beige liner makes a pool look as though it needs a thorough cleaning
Perhaps the only ones you've looked at at close quarters did need cleaning Alan! :wink:
Jane,

You are pushing your luck saying that since your beige liner pool was the last one I looked at at close quarters.

Alan
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Alan. Bearing in mind that the pool wasn't opened at the time, (April 2007) and was awaiting a replacement cover following a storm, it's no small wonder it may have looked a bit sad! :lol:
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Giddy Goat wrote:Thanks Alan. Bearing in mind that the pool wasn't opened at the time, (April 2007) and was awaiting a replacement cover following a storm, it's no small wonder it may have looked a bit sad! :lol:
I wasn't being rotten about your pool in particular. I was stating my preference in favour of light blue liners and against light beige liners. Your pool was open at the time in that it was not covered and it only went to reinforce my preference for light blue liners. That's all I'm saying.

Alan
paolo

Post by paolo »

A yellow-brown pool gives you light green water. A nice alternative to blue.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Thank you all so much for your input. really appreciated. I think we will take the plunge, so to speak, and go with the beige.
Don't suppose you know where I can see a pic of a yellow brown one Paolo?
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Do you mean like this Paolo, or a lot darker? This is virtually a beigey off-white.

Pic taken just after we bought the property so the grounds are still a bit scruffy here!

paolo

Post by paolo »

pepsipuss wrote:Don't suppose you know where I can see a pic of a yellow brown one Paolo?

It's a little greener in the full sun, and you can see the pool colour above the water level.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I had this conversation a few years ago with a guy who ran a pool maintenance company.

His choice was white for the summer water colour - but also because it heated the water less in the hot summers than the dark colours.

We tend to have 35C - 40C a few times per year in summer, but those spells of 40+C with no wind can heat the pool rapidly. Anything over 30C allows algae to become a problem.

A neighbours pool that was not well maintained in July :

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one is my home pool. It is a pale turquoise fibre glass shell :

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sorry, it's a winter pic, but it's a yellow/beige coloured liner
Last edited by Hells Bells on Mon May 05, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Helen the pic isn't working - you've left off the [img] thingy wotsit at the end ...